Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
revere pewter
nadshak
December 10, 2012 in Design Dilemma
What color compliments with BM Revere Pewter? I'm looking for an accent wall color for a home office
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
charleee
Charcoal gray. I have Revere Pewter living room walls and struggled to find the right curtains. I tried a chargoal gray, sort of men's wear fabric, and they are perfect. Whew!
December 10, 2012 at 5:03PM   
feeny
What are you looking for in an accent? A subtle darker shade in the same register? Or something bright and eye catching?
December 10, 2012 at 5:04PM   
nadshak
to be honest, I'm open to any ideas...getting our basement renovated and now down to selecting paint colors. I'm leaning towards Coventry gray for the main basement, Stonington Gray for the bathroom, Gray Owl for the laundry room, unsure of Silver Fox for the bedroom and I would like to have a warm color accent to complement Revere Pewter for the home office. I have been advised because its a basement with very limited natural lighting I should avoid the deep dark colors...is this true? won't the pot lights help?
December 10, 2012 at 5:12PM   
charleee
I would think the pot lights would help, I know when I turn mine on it's like being in a movie studio, everything lights up!
December 10, 2012 at 5:18PM   
nadshak
I don't think Charcoal Gray is a color available in Canada
December 10, 2012 at 5:22PM   
charleee
Actually charcoal gray is a color, not a name of a color, sorry! Any dark gray could be considered charcoal.
December 10, 2012 at 5:40PM     
nadshak
does Metropolis or Fairview Taupe go with Revere Pewter? what are other warmer tones would look good with it? what do you think of the colors I chose for the basement...lots of shades of gray!
December 10, 2012 at 5:42PM   
charleee
Can you post pictures of these colors? This ideabook may help you pick the right gray:

December 10, 2012 at 5:43PM   
nadshak
these are all colors from the Benjamin Moore paints
December 10, 2012 at 5:44PM   
charleee
One thing you should know about Revere Pewter is that it has a tendency to change colors in different lights. Sometimes it's gray, sometime beige and I've even seen green in my walls. Maybe a greige would work for you:
[houzz=Northern Cliffs 1536 Paint]
[houzz=Perfect Greige 6073]
December 10, 2012 at 5:47PM     
lefty47
HI -- If you go to the Benjaminmoore.ca or .com website and you look up "Revere Pewter" , they show several colors that will go with it. Benjamin Moore has the same colors available in the USA and Canada . BM does not have a color named Charcoal grey but does have colors that are a charcoal grey but under different names. Bobbi did not mean to get a color called charcoal grey but to get a color that is a charcoal grey, what ever it's called .You should decorate the basement just like any other room in your house . It's the lighting that makes the room,-not the paint colors. When people decorate the basement like it is the basement then it will always look like a basement .
December 10, 2012 at 5:51PM     
charleee
Thanks, lefty, I had trouble forming the words on that one but you did it great!
December 10, 2012 at 5:54PM   
nadshak
thanks for the suggestion...I just looked at benjaminmoore.ca again and they suggested Mink...i'm afraid if its way too dark....and I'm not really feeling Racoon Hallow looks like there's a purplish/mauve undertone...
December 10, 2012 at 6:03PM   
charleee
This is the color of charcoal gray:
[houzz=
]
December 10, 2012 at 6:16PM   
lefty47
HI -- Your welcome bobbi
December 11, 2012 at 7:18PM   
nadshak
what do you think of fairview taupe as an accent?
December 11, 2012 at 7:20PM   
nadshak
ok FYI: I turned completely around and settled with Revere Pewter for Pomegranate AF 295 as an accent wall. Thank you everyone for your input!! this is a great resource!
December 12, 2012 at 3:37PM   
feeny
Reds and pinks (and everything in between) are always fabulous with grays. I bet it looks great!
December 12, 2012 at 4:01PM     
More Discussions
Is this door considered modern ?
Hi, I m looking for a modern door made of wood that...
Are these rockers worth saving?
My mum is sending these rockers to the op shop. She...
Need Suggestions, Please!
I am looking to purchase an area rug for this family...
Area Rug
I need some help with the color of an area rug. Would...
Help with boring foyer please.
Please share ideas for adding some life to my foyer....
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.