Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
concrete floor : pros and cons
lenny24
December 11, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Hi, all, I would like to get any info about concrete floor. costs, looks, user info, etc. Thanks in advance.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sonjasdrapes
I have concrete floors throughout my house. My plan was to install wood and tile flooring. I have now changed my mind, I love the ease of the concrete. My main concern was cold floors in the winter but they heat up with the rest of the space and I walk barefoot in the winter. Look into professionals that do commercial concrete flooring. If you look at many mall store floors, they are concrete. They are buffed and polyurethaned. You can still stain them too. So many options, then throw down an area rug here and there to absorb sound. People admire and some are jealous of my concrete. Good luck and enjoy!
0 Likes   December 11, 2012 at 4:55AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
MODE CONCRETE
The cheapest option (and most natural look), would be to use the existing concrete and just seal/wax it. We'll attach some images of our previous jobs, and show you what a concrete floor can look like with different finishes.

With concrete we embrace and look forward to variations, irregularities, and the patina that develops with adding to the 'beauty marks' on your floor.
http://www.modeconcrete.com/
1 Like   December 12, 2012 at 8:43PM
More Discussions
Kitchen remodel help needed.
How do I get started. Design ideas being accepted!
Need ideas
Looking for ideas for window treatments etc. Just...
Need Help With Mom's Kitchen to Sell Her House
We need to sell Mom's house. We have a limited amount...
Cleaning old mosaic tile
In our 1906 house, a small bathroom floor was covered...
Design Direction help needed!
Hello! We recently purchased this house on a lake,...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.