Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Kitchen table
vouts
December 12, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I would like to give this solid wood table new life my kitchen is dark so something light any suggestions.....:)
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
michigammemom
I actually like the worn patina of your farmhouse table. You might consider just painting the ladderback chairs in a color to coordinate with your decor.
December 12, 2012 at 7:00am     
charleee
I agree. There are some things that should look polished and perfect, but a farmhouse table isn't one of them. (I would scuff it up even more!). You could paint the chairs, like michigammemom suggests, and also paint the table legs. Perhaps get some really comfy chair pads.
December 12, 2012 at 7:06am   
tennisanyone
Keep the table the same color but paint the chairs a color that goes with your kitchen.
December 12, 2012 at 7:06am   
housemamma
One more vote for keeping table same color, but painting chairs! If you stain the table and add a high gloss it will have a great reflective shine which will brighten up the area.
December 12, 2012 at 7:14am   
collettec
What about painting the table top a cream or even something fun like a teal or lilac if you really want to add some color?
December 12, 2012 at 7:16am   
PRO
A Kitchen That Works LLC
My preference is to have chairs darker than table, if not the same color. My inclination is to recommend you bring the table and chais back to their original luster but knowing what the other finishes are in the room, then there may be merit in olldbobbis post.
December 12, 2012 at 7:20am     
Nancy Hehmann
I would get an area rug in a bright pattern and change the chair cushions to something that blends with it in a brighter color. The wood of the chairs is beautiful so I would decorate around it. You can add a table runner too to lighten up the table in something that is washable or a lazy susan to place bright decorative and useable things like salt and pepper and napkin holder. Another idea would be to place a colorful fabric on the table and have a piece of unbreakable glass on top- you could get this custom cut for you at any window supply. Then you can change the fabric when you want. Glass is as easy to clean as anyother surface - vinegar and water in a spray bottle and use a squeegee to remove and prevent streaks.
December 12, 2012 at 7:49am   
More Discussions
Coffee table help!
Desperately need to get rid of thus oversized ottoman...
Need staging/decor advice for my open concept living/dinning room
Hi, I have an open kitchen with living / dinning room....
Design my small living room
Need some help designing my oh so tiny living room....
Help with landscaping
I need to improve the curb appeal of my home. I have...
What do I do with this GAUDY Rococo Bedroom Set? Help
So, very good friends of mine moved to the Yucatan....
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.