powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Decor Challenged !!!!! How to bring my living room furniture together?
deb jo
December 12, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I will be moving soon to a new house and for the first time, I realised that I am not longer a student and had to stop the design-as-I-go kinda girl attitude to start making stuff work.

Therefore I would like to have a already good living and looking room layout and decor going on in this flat, so I could replicate it in the new place.

Please I need advice on anything, if I should put it somewhere else and what to buy. I am going for a nordic kind of style to compliment the new house from 1800.

The new house layout: http://www.houzz.com/discussions/253552/Help-with-Dining-and-Living-Room-Staging

New house have terracota coloured stone flooring. So what color area rug?

EIVOR CIRKEL Vloerkleed, laagpolig - wit/rood - IKEA
ÅDUM Vloerkleed, hoogpolig - ecru, 133x195 cm - IKEA

Also should I change the current tv unit for the wood one? Also I am very open to wood painting so new colour suggestions are welcome as I can't think past white wash. Thanks

Thank you for reporting this. Undo
deb jo
My biggest doubt is what should I add to make the red and beige couch work together as we need a fair amount of sitting space.
December 12, 2012 at 8:13am   
Nancy Hehmann
I like the area rug with the circle design. If you need to use the beige and red couch, it would tie them together. You could also buy throw cushions to unify the look. Perhaps predominately beige with a red design for the red couch and vice versa for the other. Look on Etsy.com. It has shops from people the world over and they will ship. Just type what you need in the search engine. If you want a shop in the Netherlands, you can try typing that in the search engine. You can also fine photography and other artwork on Etsy and you can discuss your purchase with the shop owner by clicking on the contact button. I have a photography shop, nancyhehmann.

I think you have a great start with your ideas.
December 12, 2012 at 8:24am   
deb jo
Thanks Carolina for your ideas. The lack of art on my walls is due to this being a short term rent, so we didn't bother putting anything up :) On the new house it will be a different story, I will check your shop for sure :)
December 12, 2012 at 9:12am     
PRO
A Direct Distributor Corp
I like your idea of using the circle rug to pull the red and the beige couch together. I would definitely get a different TV unit to get the TV up higher. I think that opens the room up more with having guest look up at the TV, rather then down, or straight across. Plus you can get a unit with storage or shelving to tie in your nordic style more. I love your coffee table- fits perfect with the style you're going for. I would use the single chair, and get a nice stand up lamp, maybe even an ottoman working in the same pallet of colors, and have like a nice reading area. Plus the ottoman can always be used as an extra seat during parties.
December 12, 2012 at 9:46am     
deb jo
@Direct Sinks, great input thanks!! Do you have any idea about the TV unit I should go for? and should it be white as well?
December 12, 2012 at 10:02am   
deb jo
Is it better if I separate the couches then? Using the red one somewhere else and the beige one for TV?
December 13, 2012 at 2:19am