powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need suggestions for the bedcover color.
Evoco Interior Design
December 13, 2012 in Design Dilemma
please give me advice on color matching bedcover for this room.
Thanks,
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Susan Weinberg
I'd like to see you 1) raise the bed so the coverlet just grazes the floor and you see the edging texture just touching the rug texture (textural interest), 2) keep the bedspread and add colored pillows picking up the colors in the rug, or 3) shop for a piece of artwork you really like for the wall, and lift one or two of the least used colors in it and repeat with a throw or pillows, or brdside lamps or accessories. 4) look out the window. What colors do you see that you like...distinguish among the greens for example, and choose one or two or three and mix them into the room. Alternately, choose two to three colors from outside and incorporate them into the room. (You can then change the room decor in accordance with the seasons). Just some ideas from not-a-decorator...
December 13, 2012 at 3:18am     
juniper777
I think the color you have right now looks good, but I agree that it is too long for the height of the bed. How about getting a big, beautiful (maybe some color?) piece of art for the wall above the bed? Then if you want more color in the room you could use a color from the art for throw pillows, the coverlet, or accessories. I like white bedlinens, especially with your wood floor, end tables/headboard, and darkish rug, so would go for color in big (don't get too small) art.
December 13, 2012 at 4:55am     
PRO
Gabberts Design Studio
I agree with Juniper777...first select the artwork, and yes, make it a large piece. And then pull colors from that to use on your bed for the pillows, throw, etc. I like the rug and headboard. Looks like a very calm space :)
December 13, 2012 at 4:58am     
Aggie Purvinska
That looks very lovely, I think my pick would be white or off white bedding with a simple duvet cover and shams...

[houzz=
]
December 13, 2012 at 5:45am   
Aggie Purvinska
Could also be a geometric pattern like this but maybe in grays/ silver

[houzz=
]
December 13, 2012 at 5:48am   
PRO
Design Mode
I see that your Interior Design company is in Indonesia - so go local! Find a subtle patterned batik, woven, or cotton spread. I would be tempted to get a larger patterned throw in medium to dark tones that are in your room already - to layer on the bottom of the bed.
December 13, 2012 at 6:36am     
PRO
Evoco Interior Design
thanks to all, for your advices.
I am a newcomer in this forum and interior design also, so i need a lot of advices and suggestion.
i also still learning english, so forgive me for my uncorrect words.
It' was a good idea coming from Design Mode to use local material for my beddings, but i want to use an urban concept for this project, so i need to consider it.
But thats all was good idea that i've received. Thanks.
December 13, 2012 at 10:36pm   
ruthyo
Cover is too big...You need to add some color...pillows...maybe a painting over bed..
December 13, 2012 at 10:55pm   
kah416
Hi! Nice room! I'd say this bed is screaming for a shade of gray :) Here's one idea...you could also do a gray and white comforter for more interest :)
December 13, 2012 at 10:57pm     
kah416
And maybe a nice chevron chair in the corner with a little Side table and floor lamp for morning coffee :)

December 13, 2012 at 10:59pm     
More Discussions
How do you copy pics from Houzz
Does anyone know how to copy and paste photos directly...
A trend that should end
Are there any interior design trends at the moment...
how well do these coordinate?
Thinking of using tile for backsplash, Fantasy brown...
Your favorite home of all time?
What's your favorite home that you have ever lived...
should I keep the rug?
I bought the rug for the foyer, but it was too small....
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.