Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help w/ my xmas tablescape
nlmackay
December 13, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I'm hosting 20 people for Christmas. I had to get folding chairs to accommodate everyone and bought these covers in "Natural" to make it look nicer. http://www.wayfair.com/Sure-Fit-Cotton-Duck-Folding-Chair-Slipcover-139725237-Natural-L797-K~SUR1324.html?refid=GX7166651820-SUR1324&gclid=CKXy3NWLmLQCFYZM4AodvUQAcg I only have a white tablecloth and a black tablecloth that's 144" that will fit my dining room table fully extended. The white looks terrible with the natural chair covers, it just doesnt blend. Would it work if I used the black tablecloth and got the chair covers monogrammed with a black "M" (for our last name). I'm using all mercury glass candleholders and mercury glass trees for our centerpiece, and I have silver chargers. Is that Christmas looking enough? Or any suggestions how to make the white tablecloth work with the natural colored covers? Or do I return the Natural chaircovers and get them in Linen?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Manon Floreat
I think your idea is a good solution: linen slipcovers, black table cloth with silver/mercury glass accents sound very nice. Monogramming might get pricey - you could think about black ribbon instead. I think you've got an elegant sounding arrangement. The candles will add sparkle and give a festive mood, so you don't need to add a bunch Christmas knick knacks.
December 13, 2012 at 11:49AM   
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
creeser
I love, love mercury glass with black. It will look fabulous. Keep it simple and add a floral or evergreen arrangement as a centerpiece.
[houzz=
]
December 13, 2012 at 12:29PM