Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help decorate this room!!
Sudan Weng
December 13, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Need help with where to set the furniture to make it functional and paint, window treatment ideas. Kinda on more contemporary style but still want to keep this leather couch set. Open to any ideas. Thanks in advance.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Artful Design Interiors
A sofa table running along the back of a couch gives you a place to add interest with accessories and lamps.

There is a roman shade manufacturer who does unusual things that work well with contemporary. Let me know if you are interested thru an email.

Without knowing the layout of the room, it is difficult to say exactly how to arrange the furniture, but you are right to treat the fireplace/tv as your focal point for the room.
December 13, 2012 at 11:49AM   
Manon Floreat
I'd think about angling your furniture on the diagonal and orient it towards the fireplace. Similar to these photos. If you have a floor plan and/or additional pictures, we'll be able to offer more ideas.

December 13, 2012 at 11:59AM     
charleee
Manon's idea of angling the furniture is great! And a sofa table behind both units would be perfect.
December 13, 2012 at 2:12PM     
mmilos
Those are reclining sofas, a sofa table would have to be pulled away from the furniture unless it's a wall-hugging reclining feature.

That's the problem with reclining furniture, it's not very attractive.
December 13, 2012 at 2:22PM     
charleee
But it's comfortable! It also chews up chair rails.
December 13, 2012 at 2:23PM     
standinginline
1st thing I would start with is finding another wall for the tv...sometimes tvs work above fireplaces if there are no options for "elsewhere", but I think yours néeds to find another place/wall. ...then you can figure out how to configure your furniture to the tv and fireplace.
December 13, 2012 at 2:33PM     
judianna20
You will have to float the sofa or the love seat. Either way, you do need to camouflage the back you will see with a piece of furniture.

December 13, 2012 at 2:50PM     
Sudan Weng
I am planning to move the tv in font of the windows, just need to find a tv stand for it. That's why the furniture is kinda planned towards the window rather than the fireplace.
December 13, 2012 at 3:25PM   
decoenthusiaste
I would leave the TV above the FP but pull the seating away a bit. The big sofa should face the FP and be parallel to it. Put the two seater sofa on the window side and the chair on the right of the sofa so they are all in a "U" in front of the FP/TV. Leave the sofa table against the wall where it is, but hang a large piece of art 5-6" above it. Please keep art visually attached to the furniture it is with or if free hanging, put the middle of the piece 60" above the floor. You can layer an area rug in front of the FP.
It should be very big and only the front feet of the sofas need to sit on it. A coffee table would be nice, a couple of lamps (one floor one table) and a table to sit between the two sofas where they form a corner.
December 13, 2012 at 5:30PM     
Sudan Weng
Yeah, this way you had mentioned was kinda the way it was set up before we play around with the furniture. I thought if I move them towards the window then there will be more room. If I arrange them towards the FP then it would cut the room down a lot. That's why this is kinda hard for me to decide. But we will keep playing around with it. Thx. Will keep posted.
December 14, 2012 at 11:49PM   
More Discussions
Need help finishing up!
So I have a lot of my main pieces pick and in place...
HELP PLEASE BEDROOM FINISH
Hi! Please help me in designing our bedroom. My sister...
Family/living room rug
I am trying to decide about the rug for my family/living...
Best way to keep shower glass clean?
Do you have any tips or tricks to keeping shower glass...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.