Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
VOTE for the Coziest Bedrooms on Houzz!
Houzz Polls
December 13, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Houzz recently featured an ideabook boasting some of the coziest bedrooms on Houzz. We've got several of our favorites right here for you to vote on.

Which one do you think is the coziest?

Have you got a cozy bedroom to share? Post it in the comments!

You can view the whole ideabook here: http://bitly.com/TYq6lk
Orlean
Lost Creek
Turn of the Century Cottage
Mt. Shadows
Traditional Cozy Bedroom
Country Cosmopolitan
Michigan Lake House
Eclectic Bedroom
Traditional Bedroom
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Paradise Restored Landscaping & Exterior Design
There were many things I enjoyed about each of these bedrooms - liked the ecletic - kinda fun, and voted for the TOC Cottage - as I am a slave to white bedrooms with fluffy bedding! Thanks - these polls are fun!
December 13, 2012 at 5:44pm     
PRO
Charmean Neithart Interiors, LLC.
The red door in orlean is fun.
December 13, 2012 at 6:24pm     
Mary Kozma
They are all nice, but you asked for COZY and what says that more than a stone fireplace and a view of nature! so I voted for the Michigan one.
December 13, 2012 at 6:42pm     
decoenthusiaste
I've got cabin fever or I'd vote for the cabin!
December 13, 2012 at 6:50pm   
judianna20
This is my favorite on houzz. White, clean, cool, and calming, window treatments doing everything right, two chairs sharing one table (sweet), view, access to the outside and no rug.
December 13, 2012 at 6:57pm     
Tara McClenic
I'm sorry, but if I want cozy I will NOT ever include dogs on a bed like the Traditional Cozy Bedroom... :o/
December 13, 2012 at 7:25pm     
reneraven434
mine would, and does! but, it's not tradional... more modern country.
December 13, 2012 at 7:29pm   
PRO
Linda
I don't see what is "cozy" about a huge bedroom with its own private sunroom. When a master suite is larger than many houses, I don't think of describing it as cozy. I certainly think it is a beautiful space with gorgeous natural light that I would love to have for my own, but it will never seem cozy to me...
December 13, 2012 at 8:04pm     
Monde Green
Keeping in mind that the question is not "Which one would you prefer to have in your home?" or "which one is the prettiest?" but "Which one is the COZIEST?"
December 13, 2012 at 8:07pm     
creeser
I'd have to vote for the one with the dogs. Nothing says cozy like curling up with the fur babies.
December 14, 2012 at 2:53am     
charleee
I voted for the Mt. Shadows. The Eclectic room was a little too cozy for me. How do you get in the bed????
December 14, 2012 at 3:00am     
creeser
olldbobbi, a good running start and jumping like an Olympian! ;))
December 14, 2012 at 3:21am     
momof5x
It has to be the Michigan Lake House, cozy warmth bedroom with fireplace, you can enjoy this room either resting, sitting with feet up in a comfy armchair reading a good mag or get some really good fresh air too. Looks very easy to manage also!
December 14, 2012 at 3:37am   
mrskk
Strange how the lake house is getting the most votes. It doesn't look cozy, as nice as it is. Why would you even have a roaring fire when the sun room door is open on what looks like a balmy day?? I voted for the red Orlean - fire AND coziness, it looks like it could be snowing buckets and you'd still be snug as a bug!
December 14, 2012 at 6:37am     
Margaret Phillips
I'm thinking cozy guest room, all are very nice. I almost picked Olean but something is "off" with the room. I'm not sure if it is the crown molding, too much red with the door, or even the undersized painting over the fireplace. Mt. Shadow is extremely inviting, the setting with the full length windows, muted colors, just the headboard treatment I really disliked. Lake Michigan was the winner, I choose to stay as a guest there. It rounded out my wish for some lively color (but not too much) with a setting that is relaxing and fun. It had the least issues.
December 14, 2012 at 7:50am   
Nancy Hehmann
I voted for Orleans b/c I think it proves cozy does not have to be dull. Loved Michigan Lake house; but more for the architectural design of the house; but, it is not necessarily cozy. And I loved the picture of the doggies; but, that had nothing to do with the design elements of the room. Hope everyone is having a happy Christmas season!
December 14, 2012 at 9:21am     
PRO
Cozy Casita
TOC cottage was my choice. For me, nothing says 'cozy' better than a little bedroom that's still big enough for the essentials: a comfy, plumped-up bed, a chest of drawers and a place to set down my book. The pic is my bedroom, in a craftsman style cottage in Gisborne, NZ, which I was lucky enough to own (and renovate) several years back. The space was about 10'X10' but had French doors which opened out onto a little wooden deck, so it didn't feel cramped at all ... despite all the nick-nacks I slept with !
December 16, 2012 at 2:10am     
GizV
I voted Mt Shadows for the colors. I prefer cleaner lines without sterility. With all the textures this felt cozy, but it's a bit too country for my taste. The other choices were definitely not something I could live with. Either too small, no big, or too cold. I guess I just don't fit into fashionable.
December 16, 2012 at 2:16am     
pdfolkman
How much cozier can you get than to curl up in front of that wonderful fireplace, whether it be in that fluffy bed or that comfy chair, and enjoy that beautiful scenery or read a good book or enjoy a wonderful sleep?!
December 16, 2012 at 2:33am   
renomama8385
I love the Michigan and can really see myself in it, however, the key word here is cozy so I voted for Orleans. It feels so 'snuggly' I almost wanted to crawl in for a nap. May I vote for both?
December 16, 2012 at 8:59am   
anne dee
I agree with renomama.
also,the red door adds pizzazz!
December 16, 2012 at 10:10am   
karinmalzan
To me, cozy does not mean small. It means appealing to the senses in a way that makes you feel "aaaahhh". The lake house absolutely does that.
December 16, 2012 at 10:13am     
Paige Tomkinson
The voting was supposed to be for "coziest." So, why wasn't the nook bedroom included in the voting possibilities? THAT would have been my pick! A great place to snuggle in away from the cold, feeling safe and secure, inspiring a long winter's nap.
December 16, 2012 at 11:28am   
judianna20
bobbi and creeser, please video tape the launch!
December 16, 2012 at 4:04pm   
boochie2
Any room centered around a lake is my favorite and this one is a winner. Warm and cozy!
December 16, 2012 at 4:28pm   
sweetwist
A cozy bedroom should include more than being cozy in bed.
December 16, 2012 at 5:50pm   
PRO
Namikaran Co
lying on a cozybed like this is marvellous!
December 16, 2012 at 8:14pm   
mugsy1703
I voted for the Michigan Lake House. Just because it is big, doesn't mean it can't be cozy. Lying in bed with a good book, fire going ... what could be cozier? Certainly beats the dog smelling up my pillow ...
December 17, 2012 at 3:08am     
PRO
Gabberts Design Studio
I could definitely wake up in the Michigan Lake House every morning. Very inviting!
December 17, 2012 at 9:22am   
halliballi
the traditional is the prettiest to me but we all have diffrent points of view
December 20, 2012 at 10:41am