Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Colour palettes for these walls? Help!
thehalfie
December 15, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I'm a renter about to move into a new place, and can't paint. I need a colour scheme for this room and I'm having trouble describing the colour, let alone decorating with it. Dark beige? Burnt sand? Your suggestions would be much appreciated!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Lisa Lucas Design
Add lots of white with accessories, pillows, rug and art. Let the wall color be the accent color of the room. I am hoping your existing furniture is fairly neutral to not complete with that color. Black white and the dark wheat color is a nice updated color combo.
1 Like   December 15, 2012 at 4:46PM
collettec
Lots of white as Lisa Lucas advised. White drapes instead of the dark, possibly white painted shelving or cabinets against the wall and more lighting as well.
1 Like   December 15, 2012 at 4:52PM
judianna20
White, white and more white. You can change the window treatments? To white.
0 Likes   December 15, 2012 at 4:57PM
thehalfie
Haha ok i get the picture with the white, and I do hate those Dexter style drapes... But what about after the white? What actual colours will go with this?
0 Likes   December 15, 2012 at 5:02PM
judianna20
Do you have furniture? Upholstered?
0 Likes   December 15, 2012 at 5:20PM
collettec
What are the colors in your kitchen? That might be a consideration as well for colors in the adjoining living room.
0 Likes   December 15, 2012 at 5:25PM
thehalfie
Kitchen is visible in the second picture... Also not the best colours, haha. Heres a picture of the couch... The model is my bf, haha.
1 Like   December 15, 2012 at 6:42PM
PRO
Lisa Lucas Design
I had quite a bit of color on these walls even though the photo washes it out a bit. Just kept it neutral.
0 Likes   December 15, 2012 at 6:43PM
PRO
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
Colors that will go with your wheat walls: black, navy, brown, cream, white, khaki, coral, turquoise, olive, and many, many others.
1 Like   December 15, 2012 at 6:45PM
thehalfie
Holy gorgeous Lisa! I dont have that kinda view or natural light, but i like what you did there. We have a couple creamy white coloured throws and light pillows we're planning to toss on the couch too.
0 Likes   December 15, 2012 at 6:45PM
PRO
Lisa Lucas Design
Just saw the sofa. Add white pillows to it and add white side chairs to it. A white shaggy rug from IKEA would be a good fit too. Keep your colors to charcoal, white, and deep beige. I wholeheartly agree that white drapery are a must for lighening up that room. IKEA Aina are 100% pure linen and work great. Go to West Elm for white accessorie ideas.
0 Likes   December 15, 2012 at 6:49PM
houssaon
I would descirbe the paint color as a gold tone, so accents could be in the blue and purple family.

Like the dark sectional and also light panel drapery. I would only have two panels not cut the view (whatever it is) with a panel in the middle.

Look for an interesting rug, like: Eastern Colors Rug, Cadiz Rug, Red, or Zigzag Rug
0 Likes   December 15, 2012 at 6:49PM
PRO
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
Yes, I love Houssaon's rugs which would go nicely with solid upholstered pieces.
0 Likes   December 15, 2012 at 7:19PM
kah416
H! :) A nice soft jute area rug would go great, and it's easy to match any other colors to it...and charcoal or gray chevron throw pillows would be a great accent to the color of your walls, and to the sofa you have a pic of (that's my dream sofa from ikea!! :) Hope this helps any :)
1 Like   December 15, 2012 at 7:55PM
kah416
Here's a few jute rug choices
1 Like   December 15, 2012 at 7:57PM