Professionals
Users
What kind of wood is the flooring and what color stain
missangel99
December 17, 2012 in Photo Questions
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Project Partners Design
The flooring material is rift and quarter-sawn white oak. The stain color was mixed on site so I don't have a name for that.
1 Like   December 18, 2012 at 8:18AM
missangel99
What two stains did they combine? Can you at least tell me that to get some idea? That is the usual comment on Houzz when asking stain color?
0 Likes   December 18, 2012 at 11:49AM
PRO
Oak & Broad
Many of our recent quarter sawn customers have used similar stains. The installers dont want to share their stain colors. Check out the Minwax site. It has many different stains that you can choose from and also get a sample if you want to. If you want to discuss your options for both a floor and stain just let me know. joel@eutree.com
0 Likes   December 18, 2012 at 3:26PM
missangel99
Thank you I will check it out.
0 Likes   December 18, 2012 at 4:39PM
missangel99
That is the exact flooring we purchased rift and quarter sawn white oak. Hard to tell from minwax webisite. I purchased several stains and tried them on our floor. I used one coat and applied it with an old cotton rag. Very hard to tell when your only able to use small sections that will go under appliances. Any other advice on ways to apply stain to better see how it will turn out. I'm sure after the top coat is applied after staining it will look even more different than staining without the polyurtherane coating.
0 Likes   December 21, 2012 at 10:08PM
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.