powered by
Interior decorator(student)
December 18, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I need advice for a small space 24 hours restaurant and mini bar.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
I would replace the ceiling, for sure. Is this the dining area? What room is this? It seems way too small to be a restaurant.
December 20, 2012 at 2:58AM   
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
It's the reception and bar. Only 3 chairs and tables will go in there. People will only go In there to place ther order and sit briefly for a drink or snack. The sitting area will be the open ground in the compound
December 21, 2012 at 7:41AM   
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Carla Kobierzynski
What style are you going for? Make the ceiling go away by painting it black or replace. Wall mural to make them feel there entering in the next palate. Mirrors for reflection.
December 21, 2012 at 8:26AM   
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Put the order station just forward of the electrical outlet on the left with the exit from behind it at the window side. Here's a good color palette for you.

December 21, 2012 at 8:36AM   
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Universal Stretch Ceilings
We would like to recommend a stretch ceiling solution! You can put translucent ceiling and different light coulor! You will get rid of ugly panels and also create unique unforgettable space!
December 21, 2012 at 9:05AM   
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
I'm so very grateful. I will go with transculent ceiling and lighting. Thanks
December 22, 2012 at 7:25AM   
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Dar Eckert
what is size of space?
December 22, 2012 at 8:29AM   
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
It's about 50 square meters.
December 22, 2012 at 12:16PM   
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
I think I would mirror that entire wall that is red/burgandy, Then paint that long wall on left a color, or a mural as someone else suggested, to make it appear larger. Some pendant lights over your counter area. and since people are just waiting for orders there, (if I understood this correctly), I would put armless sofas along window walls and one table on mirror wall with chairs.
But I do have one question...would your counter/bar live on the burgandy wall or longways facing the door..don't mean to sound stupid, but after looking again (spacewise) I'm not sure.
December 22, 2012 at 2:06PM   
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
@mpoulson, I was hoping to build the counter against the wall beside the window till after the door. So that door only allows the waitress walk out to pick the orders from the cook who would drop it off behind the door.( the kitchen is behind the structure,though big enough). The bar on the other hand will be a small standing bar to accommodate few drinks. It's not an alcohol based place. Just few drinks while waiting or eating in the open space outside.
December 22, 2012 at 2:50PM   
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Help with tall tree landscaping of backyard
Would like to incorporate vegetable garden and plants...
Every house deserves a name
Does your house have one? Would you like it to? Please...
Gray paint for basement
Hi, We just redid our basement and am looking for...
Design help for nursery
This room would be a "future" nursery. All furniture...
Curb Appeal Needed!
New Home: We just removed several trees and bushes...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.