Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Which Backsplash do you prefer?
kennadysmama
December 19, 2012 in Polls
Which Backsplash do you prefer....or none of them? :)
We have a dark granite countertop that has black, greys, and many shades of browns in it. As you can see from the photos we also have oak cabinets, with a fairly dominate grain. We were hoping to go for something "timeless". Let me know your thoughts. :) Thanks in advance. :)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
All 4 Show, LLC
Go with the glass tile but paint the wood!! It will look fabulous!! Good luck....
0 Likes   December 19, 2012 at 2:12PM
PRO
All 4 Show, LLC
0 Likes   December 19, 2012 at 2:14PM
glamlux
Hi - although I love love love the glass tile, I feel like the 2 are competing for attention. Had it been a solid granite then yes, I would vote glass tile...so with that said, I vote for the first option. Another option though could be to use the first option but along certain points of the job throw in a piece f the glass tile to add some interest, breaking up the monotony. Have fun!
4 Likes   December 26, 2012 at 8:27PM
apennameandthata
I agree with glamlux (although, to be honest, their screen name does not inspire confidence). I would use a solid sheet backsplash. For example, big sheets of glass with the back painted whatever colour you want.
0 Likes   December 26, 2012 at 8:47PM
picky1
Since your cabinets & countertop colors are already at opposite ends of the color spectrum for the tan to black zone, tie it all together with some of each and add one more tone, as an accent, or pick up a color from the paint in the room. Use squares, and rectangle shaped tiles and mix tile of stone and either glass or smoky quartz in a mixed or random pattern, these do not all have to be thee same size tiles either. Go to the tile store or your local home improvement center and put the tiles together there, bring some home, play with it, lay out some patterns on your counter, until you find what you love! The thing to remember is the grout you go with will also change the look. use light grout to be less obvious, and one without sand in it. if you do not like that suggestion, then use ONE color only of tile, not glass, use stone, and and mix up the sizes, and shapes. good luck!
0 Likes   December 27, 2012 at 5:21AM
Greg the PAINT-IT! guy
I say 2 or 3. I tried one that resembles #4 and hate it. #1 beats #4 IMO. The gray glass is in harmony with the granite and the tiny stone of #3 blends nicely. I did glass in the bathroom and L-O-V-E I-T! #4 already looks dated. Sorry. I'd go with glass!!! Nice shine to it, as well. Bright, pretty, attractive.
0 Likes   December 27, 2012 at 5:42AM
Sue Ann Stevens
I think that the shine of the glass competes with the shine of the granite so for aesthetics, the stone looks better. That said, if you want ease of care, the glass is awesome. That is what we used and I love it!!
0 Likes   December 27, 2012 at 9:43AM
gravatt
I agree with All 4 Show. Paint the cabinets and do glass tile.
0 Likes   December 27, 2012 at 12:25PM
PRO
Dytecture
Perhaps a mix of the 4th and 3rd option.

0 Likes   December 27, 2012 at 12:52PM
PRO
A. Peltier Interiors
I voted for the second one but also like the traditional classic look of the fourth choice, but they didnt give me two votes:)! I would stay away from number one and three, they are too small and contemporary for your kitchen. You have selected some great choices though!!
0 Likes   December 27, 2012 at 1:28PM