Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Music studio teen girls bedroom????
Becky Gerber
December 19, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I want my room to be turned into my own music studio where i can edit music and play i dont know what wall color i want and idk how to make it music studio type because i have 4 windows and idk how to work around that. I like neon colors DONT want blue and want black for my wood furnishings (desk, cabinet, dresser) that type thing. Heres what my room is now (first picture is what i plan to do with my bed and it will be where the closet id also in black though)
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
collettec
I would do a gray paint color on the walls, I would say more mid range - not too light or dark, paint your furniture black and hang white sheers on your windows. That would allow you a basic backdrop for all the neon colors, art and objects. I would add neon with a pattern that you like for your bedding and for art, posters, anything else that you want to hang on the walls. With the gray wall background, you could switch out any art or objects at any time to give you more flexibility.
December 19, 2012 at 11:22PM   
Becky Gerber
I was thinking something more like this? Do you think a deep purple pink and black like the wall color in the second picture?
December 19, 2012 at 11:27PM   
collettec
I think a consideration for how dark you want the walls to be would be the fact that you want to work in there, play and edit music and any other things you'd want to do that require light. For that, you'll need light, so a black might be too dark. Think the black and and gray and white all work well together in this picture and make a good base for other colors such as the deep purple pink that's pictured here with them. The first picture probably has a great deal of professional lights focused on what they were taking the picture of so it appears lighter than a black walled room would. The second picture is probably more accurate of how light it would be. Although it appears that you have a number of windows it still would be dark, particularly in the evening when you might want the light. Just something to consider. But like the basic combo of the black, white and gray think it would work well with neon colors, including in this case the deep purple pink.
December 19, 2012 at 11:50PM   
Becky Gerber
I agree with that thank you. Is there any layout picture you think would be good in my room? For the equipment to be placed and things like that?
December 19, 2012 at 11:56PM   
Becky Gerber
Also should i leave the trim white then?
December 19, 2012 at 11:58PM   
collettec
I would leave the trim white and that would tie in with the white curtains, actually white cotton would work as well in drapes - so would consider that as well. I would measure your room, measure what pieces you have, eg dresser, bed, windows, door, music and other equipment. Draw up a plan of your room with the measurements of the room and doors and windows and then get the measurements of everything you want in it. I'm heading off to bed now but I can look at it tomorrow. With your room plan and measurements - if you can get that and post it, that way I and others can give you other suggestions. Really like your inspiration room and where you want to head with your room - - -
December 20, 2012 at 12:13AM     
Becky Gerber
Thank you so much for your help i will definitely do what you suggested. Id give you a million hugs if i could!
December 20, 2012 at 12:23AM   
collettec
You're welcome!
December 20, 2012 at 7:22AM