Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
I need a design for my 24 sq meter condo
mdmj
December 20, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I wish too change the kitchen and dining and living room interior designs,. Can you help me?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Dytecture
Are you looking for actual layout changes or just the finises ? Also photos of the space would be helpful.
0 Likes   December 20, 2012 at 6:33AM
mdmj
Thanks for your reply. Really appreciate it. Basically I am looking for a layout. This will be a new unit in bare condition, the layout above is a suggestion what would the place looks like, but i don't like the dining in the center. I was hoping that someone would give me an idea how the interior could be layout in other way. Presently there are no photos available yet.
0 Likes   December 22, 2012 at 8:09PM
myrielle
nope sorry have to see the pics 1
0 Likes   December 22, 2012 at 8:13PM
mdmj
Thanks myrielle, i'm sorry either for not having available photos.. but thanks anyway... :-)
0 Likes   December 22, 2012 at 8:19PM
PRO
Metro Interiors
givin the limited space i would move the dining table possibly to the corner with a booth, table, and two chairs and a loveseat next to it} all on the wall. allowing more room in the apartment without having to sacrifice dining, seating. also clear space to walk throught the space. not sure if this makes sense without a visual aid
1 Like   December 22, 2012 at 8:45PM
mdmj
Yes it would be more helpful if there are some sketches, but i appreciate your kind response Metro Interiors, this gives an idea somehow. Thanks...
0 Likes   December 22, 2012 at 9:27PM
victorianbungalowranch
It is so small that a studio would make better use of space, with a wardrobe room divider if needed and I would have had the balcony door next the the bedroom wall. And some sort of clerestory window to the living room from the bedroom. Do you have any control over the interior arrangement? If you do, and have enough ceiling height, then perhaps a loft or a platform for the bed would work.

I would consider a L-shaped couch/banquette in the corner of the living room with a pop-up coffee table for eating with storage underneath, perhaps with some folding chairs or stools.

Since the bedroom gets all the light, i would even consider putting in a daybed for the "living room" and putting the eating area in the "bedroom" with fairly comfortable chairs and a desk, maybe a shelving unit. Seems a shame to waste a window on a room that won't be needing it.

With the plumbing and all, there isn't much you can do with the kitchen probably. I don't see upper cabinets indicated, so shelving or cabinets could be added, but with enough clearance over the burners and sink. There would be room for a small corner shelf next to the balcony door, and a wardrobe next to the front door.

Here's some ideas:

Ideabook: Lift Off! Floating Features for Small Spaces
Ideabook: Can You Live a Full Life in 220 Square Feet?
Ideabook: Small Homes Surprise With Comfort and Efficiency
Ideabook: Houzz Tour: Elegant, Efficient Manhattan Studio
Ideabook: Houzz Tour: A Manhattan Studio Opens to Flexibility
Ideabook: Houzz Tour: Tiny Fold-Out Apartment in Barcelona
Ideabook: Decorate With Intention: Keeping Tidy in Smaller Spaces
Ideabook: Houzz Tour: A Tiny, Happy, Eco-Friendly Home
0 Likes   December 22, 2012 at 11:19PM
mdmj
victorianbungalowranch thanks for the ideas and some photos, will check this out and study them.
0 Likes   December 23, 2012 at 2:51AM
tattoma
Hello
If you can provide the dimensions, I'll create a 3D design
1 Like   Thanked by mdmj    October 4, 2013 at 6:57AM
mdmj
Sorry for this, this is the only plan with dimension i get from my gf. Hope this can help and apologies for the late reply.
0 Likes   November 2, 2013 at 3:49AM
victorianbungalowranch
I see, it comes as a studio. I would really consider keeping it like that or it is going to feel cramped and too crowded. That is going to take some creative space planning. How tall are the ceilings?
1 Like   Thanked by mdmj    November 2, 2013 at 1:15PM
Debp
I would get a coffee table that raises and converts to a dining table. Then I would get some lightweight stacking or folding chairs that can be pulled up to it.
1 Like   Thanked by mdmj    November 2, 2013 at 1:19PM
Debp
Some ideas
1 Like   Thanked by mdmj    November 2, 2013 at 1:23PM
Debp
Could you place a narrow table on wheels or a small moveable island to the right of the entry door that you could move to the kitchen for dining or more counter space? With the drop leaves down they could be quite small.
0 Likes   November 2, 2013 at 1:28PM
Debp
Look for multipurpose pieces
1 Like   Thanked by mdmj    November 2, 2013 at 1:47PM
mdmj
hello victorianbungalowranch thanks a lot for the ideas, ceiling height is just in normal height, i attached some photos of the model house hope this help.
Hi Debp the furnitures are great thanks for sharing and it gives me ideas.
1 Like   November 2, 2013 at 11:24PM
victorianbungalowranch
Man, that is tiny. My husband and I started out in a 35 sq. mater apartment with a 1 meter wide "kitchen" and I thought that was small. And at least it had a wonderful bathtub.

I still think the bed takes up too much space for such a small apartment to be given it's own room. Maybe a single daybed with a popup trundle would work for you. The ceilings look fairly high so maybe a sturdy loft bed with a desk or storage (closet?) underneath could work for you.
1 Like   November 3, 2013 at 10:02PM