Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
I need help for my project, an outdoor old-fashioned function hall. PLEASE HELP
mar2fucoy
December 20, 2012 in Design Dilemma
The function hall will be located in front of the house (photo attached). Thank you so much.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
charleee
Well....color me dumb, but I'm not sure what you mean by old-fashioned function hall. Do you mean a place for you to gather with your neighbors in the evening, or a meeting place, or???? Sorry!
December 20, 2012 at 8:14AM   
PRO
Cynthia Taylor-Luce
Could you give us more information? Are you talking about another building that will be placed in front of this one? Or do you mean your 'function hall' will be the front room of this house? And what's a 'function hall' anyway?! What is the intended function?

People on houzz love to weigh in with ideas an opinions. But lots more information is required if you are to get meaningful help for this one. I look forward to learning more :)
December 20, 2012 at 8:16AM     
mar2fucoy
So sorry, if I, obviously, got you all confused:-))...yes, I intend to put up a new one-storey building in front of the existing house, to be specific, a function hall with a Mediterranean touch to it that will cater to different occasions such as weddings, seminars, birthdays, etc...with a capacity good for 200 persons. PLEASE GIVE ME AN IDEA how it should look like. Thank you very, very much for responding and more power!
December 21, 2012 at 3:19PM   
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
Keep with the Craftsmen bungalow style of the house it is very welcoming.
December 21, 2012 at 3:30PM   
PRO
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
It would be a real shame to cover up the beautiful front of your home with another building. I hope that there's a 5 acre space in front of the house that we don't see in the photo. The meeting hall should be the same style as your house unless there's a lot of landscaping separating them so that one can not be seen from the other.

I suggest you talk to a local architect.
December 21, 2012 at 3:40PM     
collettec
I agree that it would help to keep with the Craftsmen bungalow style and in color as well to blend in well. Might want to think about how your home (or assume it's your home), will relate to and correspond to the new addition. Would perhaps consult an architect. Want to be sure that the function hall doesn't block any view that you might have, but also want to have privacy for the guests in the function hall as well as a space for parking, etc. I think you could do a "semi -craftsmen" style exterior, with form and colors matching,. Would definitely do some research into what people are looking for for these types of venues. Might want to have something fairly basic and non specific as to style, particularly in the interior, as often for weddings, people like to decorate on their own. Seminars are a whole different aspect and require a different look. I would do your business research for what would work in your area, needs, etc and what would work for your lot before making any decisions for a build. Research on the business first, then what would be required in the building, then the style.
December 21, 2012 at 3:43PM   
judianna20
If this is something you are ready to go forward with, and you have the permits in place, some thing like this building would be fun. I would put it off to the side and not in front of your home. Where would everyone park? Is the picture you posted your home? It looks like a mock-up.

December 21, 2012 at 4:31PM   
roomi
http://www.visitasilomar.com/ Check out Asilomar.
December 21, 2012 at 10:02PM   
mar2fucoy
Thank you so much, guys, for all the tips! I have nothing right now but all excitement to get started and consider all of your suggestions! You are perfectly correct, I am not building the structure in front of the house anymore ( it's actually a rest house ). I'll surely get back to you with attached photos when the project will be on going. Again, thank you! It's well appreciated.
December 22, 2012 at 1:48AM     
More Discussions
Will these choices work????
Went to Ethan Allen shopping for new living room furniture...
Please advise on the kitchen design!
We got this 3D from our designer. We've been thinking...
DIY Save My Pink Bathroom
When we first got our house, I thought I loved everything...
Please help with curb appeal/paintcolors/windows/trim
Hi Everyone, I have a 30+ yr old house in South...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.