powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Have had sofa recovered. Need ideas for rest of room.
anned6
December 20, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Need second 2 seater sofa, blinds at two windows behind pictured sofa, wall art, rug etc. It is not a big room. Colour and style suggestions would be great.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
charleee
For your second sofa, have it upholstered the solid color in the one pictured. You have plentry of color and pattern already, you don't want to add more! It's difficult to respond to the rest of your needs because we can't see the windows or walls, can you add more pics, please?

For your area rug, you could go with a solid, tweed or one that picks up all the colors in your sofa:
[houzz=Peony Multi Stripe Rug]
[houzz=Natural Harmony, Terra Cotta]
[houzz=Color-Bound Seagrass Rug, Natural]
December 20, 2012 at 8:01AM   
mpoulsom
What about 2 chairs in a neutral textured cream or tan fabric instead of another couch....or just one big chair, if there's not enough room. Then add some throw pillows in the light turquoise color.
December 20, 2012 at 8:40AM     
charleee
Good one, mpoulsom!
December 20, 2012 at 8:59AM     
PRO
PH Interiors, LLC
One of the first things I would do is replace the curtains with floor length ones.
December 20, 2012 at 9:05AM   
mpoulsom
maybe some woven blinds with cream curtains or turquoise curtains? Depending on whether you are keeping the walls white. You can get the woven bamboo blinds in the light tan or a darker brown shade, depending on how much contrast you want. It looks like you have both browns in your couch.

[houzz=
]
December 20, 2012 at 9:25AM   
mpoulsom
here are some turquoise curtains with a slight pattern....and a rug with a large pattern.
December 20, 2012 at 9:29AM   
nevadan
Yhis is bizarre looking. What do you have in mind? Who will be using this room and for what?
December 20, 2012 at 10:19AM   
houssaon
I like to funky crazy-quilt look to your sofa and agree two neutral club chairs would be perfect. I think matchstick blinds would also loo good.

I'd like to see the walls a deeper shade of blue: Baltic Sea Paint or Antiqued Aqua Paint.
December 20, 2012 at 10:38AM   
PRO
studio | FORMA
Wow, that was a very gutsy upholstering job. Great to see your love for pattern and color!!

I agree with "mpoulson", two side chairs would look much better than adding another sofa. You could place them either on the side wall or if you have the space across from the sofa(preferred location). Also the seagrass rug is a great suggestion.

Lounge chairs:
December 20, 2012 at 11:16AM     
PRO
studio | FORMA
Coffee tables:
December 20, 2012 at 11:18AM     
PRO
lowes
I agree with the paonted walls. also like the danish modern idea.
December 20, 2012 at 12:58PM   
PRO
City Girls Decor
Cute sofa! I suggest a different area rug, and like others have said some cute armchairs.
December 20, 2012 at 1:17PM   
PRO
Cheery Curtains
HI, Cheery Curtains has lots of nice curtains. Here attached are the photos of curtains that you may like.

For more curtain designs, welcome to my Houzz page!
December 21, 2012 at 4:04AM   
sjacobsfabian
Bolder/bigger tchotchkes (all tiny gets lost), warm paint and the peony stripe rug. You seem to like bold so I say, 'go for it!' I don't think you'll be disappointed. The couch is awesome.
December 21, 2012 at 6:04AM   
anned6
Thankyou all so much. Such helpful ideas. Anne D
December 21, 2012 at 10:53AM   
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.