Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Headboard Help
designmuse
December 20, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Okay, fellow Houzzers -- I need opinions on a headboard or bed for a master bedroom. I have several ideas already so, don't peak at my ideabook!!!! I want to see if any of the options I have identified come up in the comments or, better yet, you guys come up with something I didn't even think about. I definitely want an upholstered headboard and it needs to be tall because I don't want to hang anything over the bed. Also, I realize i need to change the curtains and I need an area rug so any recommendations on that would be useful as well. THANKS!!!!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
prissy13
love that duvet and the white dresser/mirror combo! to keep it romantic go with a button style upholstered cover in cream!
December 20, 2012 at 6:16pm     
Darzy
My first thought was an almost white, tall tufted headboard, maybe even with nailhead detail.

December 20, 2012 at 6:21pm     
annjennifer
On a trip to Spain saw in Zara Home a gorgeous high headboard - plain heavy linen - almost like sack cloth - with fairly large metal studs around the edging. It looked stunning! No buttons - classic - timeless. I will search for the picture!
December 20, 2012 at 6:22pm     
spoiledblond695
light grey with nail head would be my choice
December 20, 2012 at 6:23pm   
annjennifer
I think this is the headboard from Zara but I saw it with very pale sophisticated cream and beige bedding.
December 20, 2012 at 6:28pm     
annjennifer
As this is fairly plain, you could in fact make this yourself!! Then is could be as tall as you need. Tata!
December 20, 2012 at 6:35pm   
PRO
All 4 Show, LLC
I totally agree with Darzy!! A super light color against the dark gray wall would look awesome!! Good luck.....
December 20, 2012 at 6:44pm     
PRO
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
Tall square headboard, pale linen, nailhead trim. Matching roman shades with nailhead trimmed header. Add mirror to top of nightstands to lighten them up. Pale rug, angled under bed.
December 20, 2012 at 7:30pm     
PRO
Carolyn C. Interior Decorator, Brampton, ON.
Here's your room with two styles of headboard, pretty straight lines. Light colour, perhaps the lightest colour in the duvet cover and the draperies the darker shade in the duvet cover.
December 20, 2012 at 7:46pm   
PRO
A tufted option
December 20, 2012 at 7:47pm     
PRO
Rugs
December 20, 2012 at 7:50pm   
decoenthusiaste
December 20, 2012 at 8:17pm     
Bonnie
Here's is a bed that would look nice against a dark wall...

December 20, 2012 at 8:46pm     
PRO
Custom Home Planning Center
I like the mirror (ambite plex not glass) with a black finish to work with the night stands. The top of the mirror should end about 4 to 6" above the height of the table lamps on the night stands
December 20, 2012 at 8:55pm   
Darzy
oooh...I like this bed. I wanna click "like"!

December 20, 2012 at 9:30pm     
PRO
Anish Motwani Associates
hello
Head boards should be soft and welcoming
check the attach pic. We have done this for a house in INDIA
hope u like it

regards
December 20, 2012 at 10:10pm     
PRO
karen paul interiors
Deco's bed from Tristan is my fave. Not at all tall (which I like). Most of the other headboards have been done, redone, recycled, copied, ad nauseum. Not so with the Tristan number. My personal selection would capture the shape of the pattern on your duvet and it would certainly solve the problem of not wanting to hang art over the bed.
December 20, 2012 at 10:17pm   
PRO
FurnitureNYC
What do you think about a storage Headboard? Six compartments provide ample space for bedside reading material, alarm clocks and other necessities. http://www.furniturenyc.net/product/king-bookcase-headboard-in-espresso-esh-8445
December 20, 2012 at 10:44pm   
gingerclaire
How about something like this?
December 21, 2012 at 1:10am     
PRO
Cheery Curtains
Hi, Cheery Curtains has lots of nice curtains that you may like and please refer to the attachment.

For more curtain designs, welcome to my Houzz page!
December 21, 2012 at 2:19am   
designmuse

Carolyn A. Are you recommending that I place the rug at an angle like in the pic I attached? Does this make the room bigger or does it just create visual interest? Also do you have a sample pic of the window treatments you recommended?
Carolyn C. How do you edit the pics like that? It is great. What software product does that?
December 21, 2012 at 1:22pm   
PRO
juma decor
The Chelsea bed or headboard by Hickory chair would be nice in a light grey linen with polished nickel nailhead. It is classic with a slight curve.
December 21, 2012 at 1:41pm   
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
I wish I had a picture of this head board I did for a client. I will describe it the best I can. I used 1/2 tubes of med. density foam wrapped in batting glued to 1/4 in plywood 14" wide. Then covered in a micro-fiber in a light tan (any color will work). Mounted these vertically (to figure out the width you should use divide your beds width by 5 or 7 depending on your taste) You can also go wider then the bed and do built in night stands. In this case I went from the ceiling down to the top of the mattress. The depth of each tube will be 1/2 of the width (14" wide = 7" deep). I attached these to the wall with Velcro. It looked great, you can take it with you when you move, it is very comfortable to sit against and doesn't damage the wall.
December 21, 2012 at 1:48pm   
PRO
Barbra Bright Design
Here's a photo of a slip covered custom headboard (it could be any height) with a matching bed skirt. You could have several looks.
December 21, 2012 at 3:36pm