Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need Ladies Input on closet!
Fratantoni Luxury Estates
December 21, 2012 in Polls
With over 2,300+ adds to Ideabooks on Houzz I am curious why people are so attracted to this closet we had previously designed and built.

We are currently designing a Closet "Hers" for an upcoming project and I would like to provide my clients with some solid input on a design they liked.

Please VOTE or Comment with what attributes really stick out in this room.

Master Closet Hers'

Vince Fratantoni
480-650-0223
Center Island
Chandelier
Massive Space
Phoenician Plaster
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Natasha
My daughter totally loved it, because It's massive space, you can walk in it perfectly, and because the center island is original. The pure room-style is very very atracttive!
1 Like   December 21, 2012 at 9:23AM
PRO
@Carlos

Thank you for getting your daughter's input! Really helps us out when talking with our clients to have such valuable input!

Best Wishes & Happy Holidays,
Vince Fratantoni
480-650-0223
1 Like   December 21, 2012 at 9:25AM
PRO
Creative Lighting
I think the beauty is in the details. I think the space is a huge factor but the space looks simple but with lots of fun details in the wood work, lighting and trim.
1 Like   December 21, 2012 at 9:28AM
PRO
@Creative Lighting

Thank you for your comment! The lighting actually ending up working very well with natural sunlight. It doesn't always work like that and we were fortunate to be able to on this project!

Vince Fratantoni
480-650-0223
0 Likes   December 21, 2012 at 9:30AM
Aja Mazin
Lovely!

Where is the seating, mirrors?

Is the lighting adequate, full spectrum?
2 Likes   December 21, 2012 at 9:32AM
PRO
@Aja Mazin

You can't see it in this particular picture but if you turn to the right (in the picture) there is a 3 angled mirror that "she" can walk into and see every angle of her body. As far as seating we did not putting any area, although you could put seating in the far back of the room, in this closet. In this particular house "she" had a whole wing to her self where her closet, bathroom, make-up area, spa, were all located. I do think that we should have seating in the closet as well.

Thank you for pointing that out!

Vince Fratantoni
480-650-0223
0 Likes   December 21, 2012 at 9:37AM
PRO
SPKCreative Abstract Art www.spkcreative.com
Hi Vince,

Your clients are so lucky! I have serious closet envy right now. The space and the brightness are the first things to catch my eye because I have a sad excuse for a walk-in closet with dim lighting, so anything where my clothes aren't squeezed in and that I can see easily is a plus. However, I would not want natural lighting anywhere near my dark clothing because I wouldn't want the sun to fade the colors. The cabinets are lovely--it seems like an Italian influence, which is not necessarily my style but I can appreciate the impressive attention to detail. I like the idea of having doors instead of open shelving because it keeps the dust off of clothes, but the shoes should also be protected from dust and not left on the counter. Chandeliers are always a classy touch, and seating is incredibly helpful, especially when putting on/taking off high heels. You mentioned a vanity and spa--does this closet also have a built-in jewelry and accessories cabinet? I like the plaster work and the flooring, too. Great work!

Best,
Shari

spkcreative@gmail.com

Holiday shop and do good at the same time:
50% of profits from the following sites from November 2, 2012 to December 31, 2012 will be donated to the Food Bank of Monmouth and Ocean in honor of Sandy Survivors:)

Shari P Kantor Abstract Art: http://www.spkcreative.com/
SPKCreative Fabric and Wallpaper Line: http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/spkcreative
SPKCreative Stationery Line: http://www.zazzle.com/spkcreative*
2 Likes   December 21, 2012 at 1:29PM
Aja Mazin
I particularly like the organization, glass fronts, and light airy feeling.
2 Likes   December 21, 2012 at 1:39PM
PRO
@Shari,

Thank you for your well written response.

We truly appreciate you taking the time to write such a great comment.

Best Wishes & Happy Holidays
Vince Fratantoni
480-650-0223
1 Like   December 21, 2012 at 1:44PM
PRO
SPKCreative Abstract Art www.spkcreative.com
My pleasure, Vince. When I can make my dream home into a reality (at least a few years off), I'm coming to you first for help:)
1 Like   December 21, 2012 at 1:49PM
PRO
@Shari

We would be more than happy to help make your dream into a reality! :)

Happy Holidays Shari!! Talk soon!

Best Wishes,
Vince Fratantoni
480-650-0223
0 Likes   December 22, 2012 at 6:00AM
apple_pie_order
Sometimes people add photos to their ideabooks because they represent a fantastic dream. In this closet, we see a small boutique of clothes just for us. Maybe it's never been seen in a European city, but it looks like our idea of what should be there. In addition to the spaciousness, the chandeliers and finishes are superb decorative elements. You cannot get the luxury effect in the same space using Ikea furniture and their artichoke pendants. All the luxury elements are needed to work together: space, design, cabinetry, finishes, lighting.

The room does need a couple of chairs or two-seater bench so that the owner and a friend could sit and talk.
2 Likes   December 22, 2012 at 6:24AM
nicole36
I love it i'm custom building my Dream Home next year so that closet is perfect for me.
1 Like   December 22, 2012 at 6:48AM
sunandshade
It’s luxurious, comfortable, well lighten, and tidy: each item has own space and can be seen and found when it’s needed.
1 Like   December 22, 2012 at 12:56PM
PRO
Thanks everyone for your input.

Being a national builder we strive to build the best possible homes for the most affordable prices that meet our clients needs.

The input given will really benefit the Fratantoni Team in creating a true masterpiece for this particular client.

@Nicole,

If you need any help with your dream home, be it, needing an architect, interior designer, or builder, we would be more than happy to accomadate you to your specific needs. If you have prior arrangements with an architect but are still looking for an interior designer, builder, or vise versa we would be more than happy to help make your dreams a reality :)

Happy Holidays & Wishing you all the best,
Vince Fratantoni
480-650-0223
VinceFrata@gmail.com
0 Likes   December 23, 2012 at 8:08AM
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
Why just the ladies? I am a clothes horse and love to shop. I also design closets for all my clients. Don't be sexist us guys know more than you might think.
2 Likes   December 23, 2012 at 8:13AM
stlouisgaltoo
I cannot relate to this supposed closet.
1 Like   December 23, 2012 at 8:27AM
PRO
@interior international,

This particular room was designed for a woman, that being said I wanted a woman's input.

I do believe "men" can contribute as they have already done so in this post but I was more interested in hearing women's input seeing as though this particular closet is being designed for a woman.

Happy Holidays,
Vince Fratantoni
480-650-0223
0 Likes   December 23, 2012 at 8:47AM
More Discussions
help me with the curtains and the rug
this is my family room it has 5 windows i would like...
How can an Architect help?
DECIDING WHETHER YOUR PROJECT MAKES SENSE FOR YOU You...
Year long counter top indecison. Help!
I've waited a year for counters, using plywood with...
What do you think Children need today for their bedroom?
Tell us what is the best ways to create the perfect...
Cambria Quartz
Has anyone experienced any problems with the Cambria...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.