powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
How high should a tv be mounted from the floor in your family room?
Marlaine Shirley
December 21, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Where is the correct placement for mounting a TV? And where can the cable box and dvd player be placed so that it reads the signal from the remote control and the wires be hidden? I would sure appreciate some input. The room is only 11 by 11 and can be viewed from the kitchen as well
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
punkie74
I've always read to mount it at whatever is a comfortable height for viewing from your particular seating - mounted too high = stiff neck. TVs above a fireplace look neat but are not very ergonmic!
December 21, 2012 at 11:07PM     
vakk
It depends on height of your couch, which I assume is where you'll be mostly watching TV from. When you're seated in the couch, your eyes should be level with the middle/upper half of your TV. If your couch is not tall, you'll be able to see the TV from the kitchen too.
I mounted my 56" a few months back, and I unfortunately put it a little higher than that. It felt a little odd in the beginning and took some time to get used to.
December 22, 2012 at 12:13AM   
mckstacy
Near eye level from wherever your seated...Above the fireplace has never made much sense to me...BUT in the kitchen I've got a smallish TV in a built in cabinet ABOVE the fridge. Totally viewable while cooking and from island seating.
December 22, 2012 at 12:57AM   
PRO
Dytecture
I agree it depends the height of your couch. The middle of the TV screen should be at eye level of your seated position.
December 22, 2012 at 6:09AM   
Marlaine Shirley
Thanks so much all for your input. Helps a lot.
December 25, 2012 at 10:01AM   
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.