Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
New Table: Need ideas for counter chairs and legs for table
dwhitehead65
December 21, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Custom built table was originally designed to be suspended but ceiling cannot accomodate the hang. As a temporary fix, the designer placed the table on my old dining room table legs. Questions:
1. Do the old legs and chairs fit in with the rest of the modern design aesthetic?
2. Designer wants to add either a strip of brushed metal or mirrored square along on the sides of the table; which one would work best, if any?
3. I definitely want 2-4 more chairs at counter height. DO I mix and match or change all. What chairs work best?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Darzy
Cool space! Love it. I like the idea of the brushed metal instead of the mirrored squares on the side of the table. If you are adding 2 more chairs, I'd keep what you have (they look good) and add two chairs at the head of the table that don't match, but complement. I like these for the head chairs...it would be great in red...like that fab chair in the LR.

December 21, 2012 at 11:36pm   
Sherry Mau
I totally love your space, it's so me: lol! When I think of modern I see metal or acrylic sleek chairs. Maybe in white or a pop of color like teal, etc. I'm sure whatever u put in there will look great.
December 22, 2012 at 12:28am   
Sherry Mau
Sorry not white only chairs, for some reason I thought your table was black. I would do black chairs instead of the white to give contrast or like I said above, maybe a pop of color.
December 22, 2012 at 12:41am   
kitasei
That's quite a centerpiece on the table! Studying rooms in photos like these always brings unexpected things into focus. I would assign you to come up with an edgy, completely non-traditional Christmas tree next year. Abstract, open. Maybe from the leftover brushed metal,
December 22, 2012 at 3:18am   
dwhitehead65
I think we are going to add the mirrored squares to line the sides of the table. Any ideas on some more edgier chairs? I like the idea of red or black.
December 22, 2012 at 8:18pm