powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Thinking of buying this home, any ideas for exterior?
poloblue512
December 22, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I am thinking about buying this home but I am not crazy about the exterior. I think it is supposed to be a Tudor home but not sure. Does anyone have any ideas to dress it up.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Frank Webb's Bath and Lighting Center
Painting the exterior a warmer color would work wonders, and I would pull out the overgrown bushes and put in a new landscaped area with flowers and smaller bushes under the two front windows, sort of like the picture
December 22, 2012 at 10:00AM     
PRO
Maria Killam
It's not a tudor style home, it's just trying to be. I would either remove all the vertical trim or paint it out. I agree it's bad and does nothing to enhance the house. Some landscaping would definitely help as well.
December 22, 2012 at 10:01AM     
PRO
Frank Webb's Bath and Lighting Center
but not in a raised stone area like the picture, just in the lawn, raised up with mulch around it so the water drains away from the house
December 22, 2012 at 10:01AM     
PRO
Dytecture
I agree with starting from scratch and find a look that feels right for you.

December 22, 2012 at 4:44PM     
carbary
It is hard to feel welcomed into a black hole front door. I would lighten the area around the door. Remove trim around the windows add shudders and window boxes would make the windows seem larger.
December 22, 2012 at 4:57PM     
charleee
Perhaps just paint them a lighter color? [houzz=
]
December 22, 2012 at 4:57PM     
houssaon
You could cover the siding with batten boards for a board and batten look: Cottage Addition - Exterior, Boston Architects: Eck | MacNeely Architects inc., Napa Valley style custom estate home by custom home builder,Saratoga CA and Custom Agrarian Style Residence.

I would get rid of the arch detail at the entrance and square it up. I would change the garage doors to ones with windows. This house is a soft green with attractive garage doors: Traditional Exterior. This is a nice beige also with attractive garage doors: johnston custom home.
December 22, 2012 at 6:11PM     
More Discussions
Mixing styles
I have a farmhouse style dining table in australian...
Tile Floor---??Grout color
Installing a 12x12 black and white porcelain tile floor...
Need help choosing a wall color in a bedroom
My 15 year old daughter is moving to a new bedroom...
metal roof
Husband wants to put "metal roof"on our 1870 farm house....
Home office
Help me design my home office. The colour scheme throughout...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.