powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Thinking of buying this home, any ideas for exterior?
poloblue512
December 22, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I am thinking about buying this home but I am not crazy about the exterior. I think it is supposed to be a Tudor home but not sure. Does anyone have any ideas to dress it up.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Frank Webb's Bath and Lighting Center
Painting the exterior a warmer color would work wonders, and I would pull out the overgrown bushes and put in a new landscaped area with flowers and smaller bushes under the two front windows, sort of like the picture
December 22, 2012 at 10:00am     
PRO
Maria Killam
It's not a tudor style home, it's just trying to be. I would either remove all the vertical trim or paint it out. I agree it's bad and does nothing to enhance the house. Some landscaping would definitely help as well.
December 22, 2012 at 10:01am     
PRO
Frank Webb's Bath and Lighting Center
but not in a raised stone area like the picture, just in the lawn, raised up with mulch around it so the water drains away from the house
December 22, 2012 at 10:01am     
PRO
Dytecture
I agree with starting from scratch and find a look that feels right for you.

December 22, 2012 at 4:44pm     
carbary
It is hard to feel welcomed into a black hole front door. I would lighten the area around the door. Remove trim around the windows add shudders and window boxes would make the windows seem larger.
December 22, 2012 at 4:57pm     
charleee
Perhaps just paint them a lighter color? [houzz=
]
December 22, 2012 at 4:57pm     
houssaon
You could cover the siding with batten boards for a board and batten look: Cottage Addition - Exterior, Boston Architects: Eck | MacNeely Architects inc., Napa Valley style custom estate home by custom home builder,Saratoga CA and Custom Agrarian Style Residence.

I would get rid of the arch detail at the entrance and square it up. I would change the garage doors to ones with windows. This house is a soft green with attractive garage doors: Traditional Exterior. This is a nice beige also with attractive garage doors: johnston custom home.
December 22, 2012 at 6:11pm     
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.