Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
the wallpaper has to go!
lexiek
December 22, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I attached an email with some pictures, but need to add these too. We are buying this beautiful house with UGLY wallpaper that has to go! I attached the dining room, great room, kitchen and powder room, now I am attaching the bedroom and bath. As a said, the great room has beautiful curtain with gold, moss green, clay, and neutral in it. The owner's girlfriend said she would have painted a clay accent wall with gold in each room??? But, want to take the colors throughout. The walkout basement with bar and bedroom are fine.

This is a transitional, 2 bedrm ranch house. We are selling my boyfriend's house, and starting a new life together, so I am really excited about getting it done and looking pretty.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
houssaon
This house a huge rooms! Great bedroom space.

Do you have bedding or are you going to get new? Are there colors you like?

Looks like the carpeting is a nice neutral color. Probably needs to be cleaned. Don't put the TV high (better not to have a TV in the bedroom, I think).
December 22, 2012 at 3:03PM   
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
Good Gravy the person who lived there before was either 1) blind 2) had no taste or style 3) had a bad designer 4) lost a bet 5) was crazy!
December 22, 2012 at 3:38PM     
PRO
Gabberts Design Studio
Removing the wallpaper and painting will be a good first step in redesigning your new home. You may then find that you will need to re-do the window treatments. It is a lovely home with spacious rooms - congratulations!
December 22, 2012 at 3:54PM   
PRO
Dytecture
Would be interesting to see your 'after' photos when it's done!
December 22, 2012 at 4:03PM   
lexiek
Any suggestions on color, you would probably have to see my other post to see the drapes that are behind the tree. It is a post with the ugly dining room, and saying something about wallpaper. I think the designer was drunk the night she was picking the stuff and then actually doing it. Nothing flows and also, yuk!
Open to ideas.
December 22, 2012 at 5:15PM   
lexiek
This is not our furniture, I just took pictures, Jim has oak, but I think we are also going to get a new comforter. I just don't know what to do, and feel crunched since this is going to be happening about mid January. I can see something and like it, but picking out colors, I am terrible. I just don't want to pick out "trendy" colors, too much work and time to switch. Rather go with something that looks great and add accessories, but need the colors to flow throughout. Big decision is whether we are going to keep the drapes in the living room by the fireplace.
December 23, 2012 at 6:01AM   
More Discussions
Picking kitchen counters
We have an existing granite island we don't want to...
Wall and curtain colors
Just got a new couch - La-Z-Boy mushroom color - for...
European Oak Flooring
Has anyone had any issues with European Oak flooring...
back splash to coordinate with Caesarstone Calacatta Nuvo?
Our kitchen is being installed but I'm stuck as to...
Living room update!
Ideas to give this front room some southern charm and...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.