Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help with toddler room
yulileo
December 22, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I recently changed few details from my princess nursery to make it a little bit toddler. I'm not sure if with what I have done so far it looks like a toddler's room.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
EB Interiors
Firstly, the room can really use an area rug to soften things up and make it more cozy. Im also not loving the wall color with the flooring, pink curtains and bedding...cherry wood furniture looks great off pale green, light blue and lavendar. The mirror above the dresser/changing table seems a bit sophisticated for a toddler room, maybe something more clean line..
0 Likes   December 22, 2012 at 5:06PM
houssaon
What a cute princess room.
0 Likes   December 22, 2012 at 6:37PM
tawanda6329
Try a mirror arrangement like the following picture.
0 Likes   December 22, 2012 at 7:10PM
PRO
Metro Interiors
Too much! The cherry wood furniture is way to heavy for a primcess room. Choose a themed color room. I personally like orange beige with an old rustic look.
0 Likes   December 22, 2012 at 7:33PM
myrielle
it looks great no lie
0 Likes   December 22, 2012 at 8:12PM
lynettefrancois
Great start! The cool gray floor color is what you are fighting. Either cover all or most of it up with a pale green carpet (the same as in the bedding), or try a large piece of sheet linoleum turned upside down and painted that lovely green. You can get a remnant of either pretty cheaply if you look around. OR, you could paint the walls the pale pink and do a smaller area rug with the green. The cool pink is ok with the current warm wall color, but not ideal. You need to change the wall or the floor color to pull this room together! I would also add two more panels to the window treatments to make it more luxurious for the little princess. :) Edit out some of your tabletop display so that the picture frame colors go with the bedding (less is more in this case!). Maybe make a new wall grouping with all the photos together, including all the pictures currently on the wall. The center of it should be about eye level. Maybe even her eye level! Remember to keep your collections together, just like you've done with the toys. :) Paint the mirror frame silver or something not-so-dark, but keep it where it is- you've done a nice job balancing it with the lamp on that vignette, as well as your wall decals on the princess bed wall. She is going to love her new big-girl room! Good luck!
0 Likes   December 22, 2012 at 9:12PM