Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Looking for color or other ideas
stasijane
December 23, 2012 in Design Dilemma
We are in the process of buying this house. As much as I love it, I feel it could be better. Only I dont have the slighest idea on how to do that. I was thinking maybe a different color door and shutters (currently forest green), possibly garage door color? and help or ideas would be wonderful thank you!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
houssaon
You can get more decorative garage doors: newton residence 1 - dplk.03 and Front Exterior.

If you can paint, I would paint the clapboard a darker color to blend with the brick: Brandon Beige 977 by Benjamin Moore, Sherwood Tan, Benjamin Moore, or Greenbrier beige HC-79.

That way the door will show better. Dinner Party Paint is a great color for the front door.

I like the color that the shutters are now, but you could go black.

I would take down the weeping willow. It is really a weed tree and it blocks you house from the street, so all you see is the driveway, which needs work, and the garages.

Good luck.
December 23, 2012 at 1:15AM   
charleee
For a quick and simple fix, you could put planter boxes below the two windows over the garage. If you can, replacing the garage doors with wooden, unpainted ones would be stunning: [houzz=
]
December 23, 2012 at 2:17AM   
sacapuntaslapioz
Go modern. remove the shutters. paint the trim and window trim in a contrasting color. I would go with a tan. paint the color in a bright color such as wasabi green. By all means DO NOT REMOVE WILLOW. Plant the edge of your driveway with ornamental grasses, catmint and roses on the opposite side of the tree. when you have the budget reface the driveway and change your garage doors like the ones olldbobbi suggested. I would also cover the white siding in between the upper and lower windows in horizontal cedar.
[houzz=Stelle Architects]
[houzz=Minnetonka Shingle-Style]
[houzz=Elegance in Design]
[houzz=Sweeney Residence]
[houzz=Whole House Green]
[houzz=Entry]
December 23, 2012 at 5:02AM   
Lkristine
I would paint the house a warm tan color, like the samples Houssaon left above, I like the Brandon Beige 977. Black shutters would look awesome, here is a link that could give you an awesome garage door idea! http://www.roomzaar.com/rate-my-space/Garages/Amazing-Faux-Wood-Garage-Door/detail.esi?oid=29586196
December 23, 2012 at 5:14AM   
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.