Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Help with new kitchen
Tenth Green
December 23, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Just bought house with this kitchen. We have a nice open concept with the kitchen opening to breakfast area and hearth room.

The cabinets are custom maple and we don't want to remove them but do want to make some changes. We like the maple, but there is an a lot of it, in the kitchen, at desk and cabinet area, and surrounding fireplace in hearth room. The floors are a similar color.

We wanted to add some contrast. Ideas so far are redo island in espresso and granite countertops (bellini).

Other changes we are considering are adding some expresso elsewhere to connect to the island...on the crown molding, hood, desk area??? Will replace sinks on counter and in island and add pendant lighting.

Those flag window treatments will leave with the sellers. Outside those windows is a lovely view of a lake and golf course so I want to do something else that will highlight the view, not the window treatments.

Would love ideas on kitchen or the rest of the area.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
sacapuntaslapioz
If your wood floors are stainable I would go for a much darker floor. If there is wood floor in the family room I would uncover it, stained in the same darker shade, otherwise consider completing it. Another alternative for the darker color would be to stain them whitish. It all depends on your furnishings style.
[houzz=Kitchen 1]
[houzz=Claremont Park]
[houzz=Kitchens]
[houzz=Kitchen 2]
December 23, 2012 at 5:20AM   
sacapuntaslapioz
December 23, 2012 at 5:21AM   
karengretchin
I would change all the white to a darker color, brown, grey , or a combo, add larger darker handles on the cabinets, and change the red/pink wall to a nice "greige". Then add color with smaller items.
December 23, 2012 at 5:44AM   
jjandhk
Hi TenthGreen, What a beautiful space!
There's some great ideas in HOUZZ; go to "BROWSE ROOMS" and enter "maple cabinets".
December 23, 2012 at 5:54AM   
More Discussions
Which color of porcelain wood tiling?
I'm trying to figure out what color to go with my great...
Need help for my living room
Looking for suggestions on what to do with this living...
Curtains or Not? Master Bedroom
I have no curtains in my house at all! Question for...
Older vinyl?
My mom moved into a house that has vinyl in it that...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.