Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
New help with bonus game room
Linda Enzor
December 23, 2012 in Design Dilemma
This game room is "T" shaped. In one corner of the T is the table and window. The door coming into the room is at the top of the T. There is a door on the other end going into a small room.
I don't know how to decorate or arrange. It is for 3 older teenage boys.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Darzy
I think I'd "mood" up the room and paint the end walls a navy blue, and just the lower part of the angled walls the blue also. The carpet color and wall color is not complementary and the blue will contrast nicely with the rug. Then a fun area rug and reupholster the chairs in a fresh fabric. I'd also remove the clock above the prints to above the game console on the lower part of the angled wall. This will "hide" the cord.

0 Likes   December 23, 2012 at 11:33AM
Linda Enzor
I like the idea. I wonder if the black couch and navy walls would be clash.
0 Likes   December 26, 2012 at 2:25PM
PRO
ARANY WOOD FLOORS
how about some wood floors ?
0 Likes   December 26, 2012 at 2:45PM
PRO
Architectural Elements
Add some trim and maybe a chair rail and some framed wall panels below the rail. You could also build a niche or a built in case into the attic space behind for the flat screen and the electronics. This would maximize the floor space.
0 Likes   December 26, 2012 at 3:16PM
Darzy
Hi linda, The black couch looks more like a charcoal gray to me. No, I don't think it would clash. I would add some contrasting pillows for pattern and punch to break up the "dark" area. I'm not keen on the idea of chair rails since there are so many angles and "lines" already. An updated ceiling fan would punch up the style too. I was thinking a 3 blade stainless fan, but this one here is quite "neat" for the boys space. Pillow Perfect 18.5 x 11.5 Decorative Taupe Contemporary Toss Pillows - Set of 2
Gyro Ceiling Fan | YLighting
1 Like   December 26, 2012 at 5:31PM
lulamarie
I agree with Darzy's suggestions. Also, if your kids are all teenagers, consider how you will want to use the space when they leave home.
0 Likes   December 27, 2012 at 6:36AM
More Discussions
Am I heading in the right direction?
My goal is cottage style with craftsman influences....
Need help with paint color for living room/dining room
We are installing new hardwood floors in a few days....
Help decorating living room!
I need help with decorating ideas for our living room....
Help on Great Room
i started myself and i want make sure my flow is good...
Vinyl vs Aluminium clad wood windows
West coast contemporary new home, what should I choose...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.