Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Family Room Built in bookcase
flame_1z8
December 23, 2012 in Design Dilemma
We need help trimming out the bookcase. Here's some before and after pictures. Thanks
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
decoenthusiaste
Are you asking about decorating the shelves or trimming out the actual bookcase?
December 23, 2012 at 12:07PM   
flame_1z8
Sorry, the trimming out the actual bookcase.
December 23, 2012 at 12:11PM   
tennisanyone
When you are ready, we will help you better arrange the case itself.
December 23, 2012 at 12:42PM   
flame_1z8
Okay, what should I remove or rearrange? But I still need assistance with the trimming, that's the main focus for me now. Thanks
December 23, 2012 at 1:05PM   
PRO
A Kitchen That Works LLC
It looks like you have cove molding at the ceiling so putting a simple crown molding with, lets say, a 2 1/2" projection might be a nice edition. Something else to consider is painting the inside of the bookcase black or maybe better yet, sable brown so that the objects on the shelf pop more. one other fund idea is to paper the inside with one of today's great wall papers (did I really just say great wallpaper?). http://vahallan.com/vahallan/ has some wonderful options.
December 23, 2012 at 1:19PM   
crazylife
I agree with Molly. Paint the inside of the open shelves a deep color and I think you'll be very happy with the dramatic results. A more extensive suggestion is to move the existing duplex outlet to the inside of the bookcase, this could give you an option for back lighting the glass shelves and a duplex outlet inside the doors of the case. Then, I would consider wrapping a simple picture frame type molding around the entire bookcase, matching your existing casing. Either way, these are easy and fairly inexpensive to do.
December 23, 2012 at 1:57PM   
tennisanyone
Try the two beige pieces at the top on the right and then the big blue one on the third shelf. Add ivy plants too to break it up. A rectangular box would be good too on the second shelf.
December 23, 2012 at 5:07PM   
More Discussions
Poll: Keep or replace old kitchen?
Hi everyone, this is the old kitchen that exists in...
patterned rug vs. plain
I am slowly getting my house back together after having...
1940 Brick House needs Curb Appeal Facelift
We just bought this house. Need to add some curb appeal....
how to create a multi functional room
how to create in an L shape room 25 x 35 foot the following...
Houzz Live Chat: Kitchen Counter Choices and Materials
Welcome to Houzz Live: Kitchen Counter Choices and...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.