Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Guest bath remodel
Jessi Fisher
December 23, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Here is our guest bath. The pink tub is being refinished this week (to white) I need help picking tub surround tile and flooring. the vanity will be a mission style in dark alder.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
TanCalGal
How dark is the dark alder stain? Some is almost black.
December 23, 2012 at 3:53pm   
rhowe1
You have to be careful which color you use because of the colors in the floor.
December 23, 2012 at 4:05pm   
PRO
Annette Batkin Designs
I would go light with the tiles. I hope all the wall paper is going and that shower door. and what about the black tile wall on the half wall? If the black tile wall is staying then look at vintage octagon with a black dot to pick up the black in the wall. I would do white subway tile with a 3 inch sizzle stripe of black and white checkerboard of 1" by 1" tiles. The floor tiles and 1x1's are available at dal tile at a very reasonable price. Run your sizzle strip at eye level. Instead of the the shower door, just do a chrome rod with a nice simple shower curtain. Then you can pick a fun color for the wall like a lime green.
December 23, 2012 at 5:04pm   
carriebolton
I like the paper it is backin...paint the doors and cabinet, subway tiles are current...
December 23, 2012 at 5:13pm   
Jessi Fisher
All of it is going bye bye. I love the subway tile ideas. The alder cabinet will have a chestnut stain, so not too dark. The floor will be tile too......haven't picked any of it yet!
December 25, 2012 at 10:58am   
TanCalGal
Chestnut marble on floor & surround:
December 25, 2012 at 11:34am     
karislawson
Umm.....repaint the walls or floor white or tan. Lighten it up. Or put some really nice lighting in. Really nice bathroom though.
December 25, 2012 at 3:11pm   
PRO
Annette Batkin Designs
Floor tile...http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/photos/0,,20413341_20830541,00.html
Shower tile sizzle strip....American Olean 12-in x 12-in Delfino Glass Black Magic Glass Wall Tile
White subway tile for the rest of shower
Shower curtain...http://st.houzz.com/simgs/5ca1318700a18c83_4-4550/contemporary-shower-curtains.jpg
Paint color...H146 Edgewood Gray (benjamin Moore)
wall graphic....http://www.trendywalldesigns.com/Prettifying-Wall-Decals_p_1114.html
December 25, 2012 at 3:16pm   
More Discussions
Need color help updating oak kitchen with 3 sided fireplace!
I'm new to Houzz. We just bought this house and aren't...
Help! No idea what color to paint this old farmhouse!
This old farmhouse has great bones, but needs a lot...
Curb appeal help!
We bought this house last fall. We love the corner...
New House Needs Some Curb Appeal
Hi, I just bought my new house and am so excited! I...
Need ideas for art niches in my entry
I need unique ideas for the niches in my entry. My...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.