Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
I need help to finish the accessories for my bedroom
evelynmw
December 24, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I like my bedroom but feel the accessories need to be changed, maybe something different on the wall over the dresser on the right or maybe something over the bed..I would like suggestions as to how to make it have more pizazz. thanks
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
olldcan
I like the idea of hanging two ceiling to floor drapery panels behind your dressers. This would help disguise the window which is throwing things off balance. Replace a couple of pillow shams in the same rusty red colour as the sculpture (head) on the right. I think the bedding needs addressing not the accessories. Hang the mirror somewhere else in the room, it's really nice but hidden. I wonder what it would look like if the frame was spray painted in a rusty color....just a thought.
3 Likes   December 24, 2012 at 9:19PM
PRO
Charmean Neithart Interiors, LLC.
Hi evelynmn.

These ideabooks might give you some ideas...
Ideabook: 15 Home Decor Accessories That Never Disappoint

Ideabook: 10 Beautiful Bedside Vignettes to Inspire Sweet Dreams

I would move the mirror from over the nightstand to over the bed. Also, I would add a bit of soft color to the foot of your bed in a throw, consider a soft pumpkin color. Very pretty space. Hope that helps.
Charmean Neithart
3 Likes   December 24, 2012 at 9:51PM
PRO
FurnitureNYC
Hi! I think your bedroom needs some paintings. http://www.furniturenyc.net/paintings.html
Here you can find different Paintings, Wall Graphics, Wall Arts, Wall Art Mirrors. Good Luck!
0 Likes   December 25, 2012 at 1:45AM
charleee
Your mirror is getting lost, I would suggest a tall, thin mirror to balance the window, and definetly some color as Charmean suggests. Pumpkin would be a great choice.
[houzz=
]
1 Like   December 25, 2012 at 2:07AM
PRO
Dexter Sykes
Here u can find some decorative accents: http://www.thehomeaccents.com/catalogue/decorative-accents/
0 Likes   December 25, 2012 at 4:19AM
PRO
Maison Pompeii Antiques and Interiors
I agree with oldbobbi that you need to balance out the window. How about a large painting which might add some interest to the room and be a source of color for the room which can them be carried over to the bed in the form of some pillows or throw. If a more monchromatic look is what you are after then the mirror idea is better. Keep the room interesting by changing up the fabrics with different textures. If the window can be sacrificed then I would drape the entire back wall because the room no matter what you do will always look off because of the palcement of the window. Be sure to use blackout lining so that no one will know that the window is there when the light shines through. Also is there the option of putting the bed on another wall in the room?
1 Like   December 25, 2012 at 4:24AM
MAlps
I would put nice victorian looking curtains- pulled back b both sides. Also, the table on the left doesn't match to the one on the right. Perhaps leave one near the bed and the second one on a different part of the room with a chair near it. Your room will have an asymmetrical look- which is nice for a change, firstly because of the window and because of the different tables. One more thing, a chandelier will do WONDERS! I would do a more white or crystal look if its for a girls room, and if its a master room, so go black. Good luck!
0 Likes   December 25, 2012 at 5:00AM
PRO
Maison Pompeii Antiques and Interiors
Love the chandelier idea but nay on the victorian drapes. The vibe in this room to me is transitional cleaned lined with a nod to the past as seen with the two chests and wallpaper.
1 Like   December 25, 2012 at 5:17AM
judianna20
You need to balance the window in height and width. Then move your bedside table under the window and reposition the bed to the middle of that wall. Mirror above the bed. I love your damask wall paper, but I would consider less dressy bedding. It is too match, matchy.
Portfolio

A grouping of these might do the trick.
8-by-8-inch peacock art block, NEArtStudio on Etsy
0 Likes   December 25, 2012 at 10:53AM
mom22plus2
I think drapery panels on either side of the window is a good idea. It will make that small window look bigger. I would love to see a large Venetian mirror over the dresser. It's in keeping with style of your room and will some drama and balance to that side. I too, think changing out the bedding to a more casual feel is a good idea as it won't fight your wallpaper.
0 Likes   December 25, 2012 at 6:14PM
PRO
Rachel Oliver Design, LLC
You could try adding some color around the room such as pillows and bedding. I think the key is to get some contrast in there. A mirror with a painted frame in place of the one you have and hung it a bit higher would look great. On the other side of the bed, you can hang two pieces of art that are the same size vertically (one over the other) to fill that space. Things a simple as a blown glass vase or a piece pottery on the night tables would add lots of interest as well. Transitional Beach House, J. Hirsch Interior Design Portfolio
1 Like   December 25, 2012 at 6:44PM
Michelle Mink
Because there is almost no color in what you have chosen for your bedroom, I am guessing that you wanted to have a very calming, monochromatic look, however, you are craving just a little bit more ... something.

Everything you have in your room is beautiful so lets keep it all and just try to add that "something".

Because the picture or your room is small, I can't tell for sure but I think there is some pink in your needlepoint pillows on the bed. Do you like pink? If yes, here are a few simple things to do.

On the left dresser, add a few sprigs of pink flowers to your flower arrangement. The flowers should be smaller in scale than the ones you already have in the vase.

On the right hand dresser, replace the white candle with a pink one.

On the bed, find a pink fuzzy textured or faux fur to lay across the foot of the bed.

Get some pink ribbon from the local craft store and glue a band of ribbon around the top and bottom of both lampshades.

If you still want more color after those changes, remove the mirror from the ornate frame and paint the frame pink. Try to find a metallic/shimmer/lustre pink for the mirror frame. Make the other changes first and do think about whether or not you really want to paint the mirror as it is a commitment to pink. You might also consider gold for the mirror.

When I say "pink", I mean a pastel pink such as seems to be in your pillows. If you're not a pink fan, you can do all of the same suggested changes with almost any other color YOU like because you have almost no color in the room. (The only thing in the room with any real color is the bust and that is throwing off the balance of the room because everything else is so light.) You could use pastel turquoise blue, light sage green, lavender, butter yellow, etc. as long as the color is soft.

You will be surprised by the impact of changing just a few items: flowers, candle, ribbon on the shades and a textured throw. These can also be changed out for a different color when you want a fresh new look. Enjoy!
1 Like   December 25, 2012 at 7:28PM
larry1333
These are nice!!!
0 Likes   December 25, 2012 at 8:03PM