Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Master Bedroom/Bathroom layout
fadeljaber
December 25, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I need help arranging furniture in this master bedroom in my apartment.

Please note that the exterior walls around the white floor area are Glass.

The yellow rectangle is a column (can't be removed)

Thank you all
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
charleee
It would be helpful to know what furniture you have that needs arranging, and what size bed you have as well. But not knowing that, I would put the bed on the long wall without the window with night tables on either side, and a low dresser under the window wall.
1 Like   December 25, 2012 at 1:28AM
fadeljaber
Thank you for your comment.
I still dont have any furniture. I still dont know what to buy coz i dont know where to put them!
I agree about the bed and dresser.
But what about the wardrobe ?
0 Likes   December 25, 2012 at 1:34AM
charleee
Oh, ok, I get it! No built-in closet! Ok, in that case I would change things a bit. I would put the head of the bed under the window, one nightstand to the right of the bed, a tall dresser on the short no-window wall and your wardrobes along the longest no-window wall.
1 Like   December 25, 2012 at 1:42AM
houssaon
You could put a bed along the longest wall with a night table and lamp on either side. At the foot of the bed, you could put a dresser and mirror up against that wall. The wall of the W/C you could put the wardrobe and a chair.

Looks like a noce spacious room. Any pictures?
2 Likes   December 25, 2012 at 1:44AM
fadeljaber
@olldbobbi, that would be good, but I think there would be not enough room left between the bed and the wardrobe

@houssaon nice idea, I also thought about at the wall at the foot of the bed I put a flat TV and bookshelves, and at the same time I use the area between the column and the wall as a built in dresser and mirror (facing the bed). The entrance would be thru the gap between the column and the bathroom, its about 3.9 feet.

Soon I will start with paint I'll post pictures when this is done. I need to know where to place the power and electricity sockets know,
0 Likes   December 25, 2012 at 2:01AM
charleee
Are you building this room from scratch? In other words, this room isn't built yet?
0 Likes   December 25, 2012 at 2:02AM
fadeljaber
It just has the walls, plumbing, and electricity tubes, nothing more, so I can make adjustments during this period
1 Like   December 25, 2012 at 2:12AM
fadeljaber
I need help in the living/dining room too. It is L-shaped, I still don't know how to place the furniture.
0 Likes   December 25, 2012 at 2:31AM
PRO
Dytecture
Are you able to place furniture in the white floor area ? The wall between the WC and bedroom has a window right in the middle.
0 Likes   December 25, 2012 at 6:34AM
Dar Eckert
A L-shaped wardrobe between the pillar and wall and the leg of the wardrobe on the entry door side to create a little dressing area.
1 Like   December 25, 2012 at 7:49AM
decoenthusiaste
If you keep this configuration with the WC, I would put an armchair and floor lamp in the window wall area for a reading nook. Then a chest of drawers on the WC wall. An armoire on the short wall. A low storage credenza under the window. Bed and night stands on the long wall. Two options for TV: on the chest by the WC or on the column (mounted or set on a swivel to view from bed or nook.) I posted all white items, not for style or color bu for function, since you didn't say what your style is. PB Square Upholstered Armchair Spindle Floor Lamp in White Gloss Finish with White Shade://www.houzz.com/photos/1585667/Sveio-Chest-With-5-Drawers--White-modern-dressers-chests-and-bedroom-armoires-
Contemporary Dressers Chests And Bedroom Armoires
Stanley Young America Isabella Armoire with 2 Doors
Guest Bedroom
1 Like   December 25, 2012 at 8:13AM
fadeljaber
@Dytecture yes the white area is part of the room, the window is in fact 2 windows, 1 in the bathroom and the other in the room.
@decoenthusiaste thank you for the pics, I was thinking about white with black accessories or little items, a black n white combination, a more modern style
0 Likes   December 25, 2012 at 10:20AM