Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Which one please??
rjhouzz
December 25, 2012 in Polls
It would replace the chair by the window. Dark egg chair from restoration hardware and red /orange from CB. Thanks!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
decoenthusiaste
If you could get the egg chair in the red color, I would go for that. Just feel there is a lot of black here.
7 Likes   December 25, 2012 at 9:35AM
Aggie Purvinska
Neither, keep the one you have and Switch the Tv with Sofa.
2 Likes   December 25, 2012 at 10:09AM
kimconley38
The chair should have color, but not sure about the chairs size. As long as the red/orange chair isn't too big overwhelming the space. No more black furniture.
3 Likes   December 25, 2012 at 10:53AM
PRO
Rachel Oliver Design, LLC
There is already a lot of leather, dark colors and smooth surfaces, so I'd go with a fabric upholstery and add 2 lamps to your console to add some height.
6 Likes   December 25, 2012 at 4:07PM
rjhouzz
Thanks everyone so far for the comments and votes. Very much appreciated.
1 Like   December 25, 2012 at 8:37PM
rebyl
I think the egg chair would be better. It gives the room some height which I feel is needed. I like the plant and the shelves above the tv. These pieces help balance the room out. I would swap out table lamp for one with some height and texture.
0 Likes   December 25, 2012 at 9:27PM
arcobaleno
la metterei in un colore rossa con tappeto bianco o ancora meglio panna con tappeto rosso in tinta comunque colore che stacchi
0 Likes   December 26, 2012 at 12:30AM
Penny
You need a pop of color!
3 Likes   December 26, 2012 at 4:51AM
Dar Eckert
How about painting the black wood chair red or turquoise? If you do decide on the egg chair. Don't put in front of the windows, blocks too much light as it is quite tall.
1 Like   December 26, 2012 at 6:22AM
PRO
Girl Meets Lake
Neither chair. I like the curves and height of the first option but want to see a different material than leather. The second option has tufting and you already have a lot of tufting in the room with the sectional.
1 Like   December 26, 2012 at 7:18AM
Ken Sturmer
You need to add some warmth to the room! At least some color. All that furniture is too reduntand. Try mixing something of a different style.
1 Like   December 26, 2012 at 7:59AM
Ken Sturmer
Hmm. I didn't even realize that black thing by the window was a chair. Looks more like a table.
0 Likes   December 26, 2012 at 8:01AM
violetv
Get the egg chair. The red leather chair repeats the angular shape of the sofa and will therefore be boring. Place it where the nest of tables are, transfer the plant to the top of the cabinet, put the nest of tables in the middle of the two windows. Look for a tall sculptural piece to put on top of the nest of tables like a torso, mounted wings, a mounted buffalo horn, or a tall tubular capiz lamp. Change the floor lamp with either a crane lamp or a reading lamp that is shorter. Put framed architectural prints on both sides of the windows. Finally, put a series of monochromatic throw pillows (such as in different shades of green) or in contrasting colors such as orange, teal, coral and aqua. =))
1 Like   December 26, 2012 at 8:18AM
geroudecor
Soft fabrics and repositioning of the furniture would make the room cozier. Solid colors and leather throughout the room gives one the sense of too much structure and discipline. I would go for the relaxing and happy look. Put the plant on the small table on the left side of the sofa. Take the 3 stackable tables out the room and place the orange/brownish chair on its place. Soft the room up by hanging curtains in blue, light teal and hues of orange and bring all together by throwing pillows on the sofa and chairs using the same color palette, but bolder. Also, get a couple more pictures for the walls, so that the room won't look like a perfect box. Thanks and Merry Shopping.
0 Likes   December 26, 2012 at 9:19AM
klmt
The square tufted chair is too much like your sectional - you need something different - but buy an egg chair in a different color, too. Place the new chair in the corner where the nesting tables are. You tv console and credenza are too close together and too lined-up-against-the-wall looking. I can't tell in the pic what's on the opposite side of the dining table from the credenza, but perhaps if it's a taller piece they can be swapped? Otherwise can you slide the credenza toward the foreground of the pic, perhaps centering it on the table? The 4 pics above the grouping would be better replaced with one large pce of art, but you'll also improve the look by simply lowering the grouping to make it part of a more cohesive group with the credenza. Another idea would be to hang the pics in a horizontal line close to the credenza for a more modern look, but only if the credenza is farther from the tv, otherwise you'll have way too much horizontal action on that wall. The mother-in-law's tongue (tall plant) would be good on the credenza for some hight, or some tall lamps. Drapes on the end wall would be a big plus, spanning from wall to wall, or wall to the lamp. I looks like the ceiling is higher in the living room area. If so, you could accentuate that with color.
0 Likes   December 26, 2012 at 10:11AM
mcolleens
yep, egg chair has the right lines, but needs color. orange chair is too much leather in the room
0 Likes   December 26, 2012 at 1:03PM
rjhouzz
Yeah one of the many concerns I have is definitely color. My place already has poor lighting so the dark furniture doesn't help. I'm considering painting the back wall where the windows are located a bright red. Please click like if this is a good idea. If this is not please let me know your thoughts on another color.
1 Like   December 26, 2012 at 10:24PM
apennameandthata
can you move the second side board so that it is across from the dining table? Too, you need more decoration high in the room and more variety of textures → curtains. And BIG rugs and BIG pictures. Nice space BTW, and nicely decorated.
0 Likes   December 26, 2012 at 11:27PM
apennameandthata
Too, the egg chair reciprocates the curve in the dining chairs. It will be in the centre of the end of the room and the curve will be an central focus in line with the centre axis of the room. Too, the curve with contrast with the square of the sofa and the TV and provide balance.
0 Likes   December 26, 2012 at 11:29PM
apennameandthata
Too, if you use curtains, you can get colour without the feature wall. Make sure the curtains go floor to ceiling and can be drawn to see all the windows, and are mid-century modern and minimalist. You might want to get rid of 2 of the three nested and get rid of the end chair and NOT replace it. You seem to have a clutter of low furniture. You need some height.
1 Like   December 26, 2012 at 11:31PM
PRO
Cheery Curtains
Hi, when I look at your window, I think you may also consider purchasing some curtains. Cheery Curtains has lots of nice curtains that you may like.

We do both ready made and custom made curtains. For more curtain designs, welcome to my Houzz page!
0 Likes   December 27, 2012 at 12:07AM
mrtangerinehead
I think there are too many square edges, so I vote for the egg chair. You do need a pop of color, so if you could get it in red, that would be ideal.
0 Likes   December 27, 2012 at 7:19AM
rjhouzz
Thanks for all the feedback and I
am definitely using several recommendations posted. Interesting found this lamp at my parents house that could take place of the small lamp on the table which many people said replace. Its and old school lamp with some of my new stuff might be interesting. Thoughts? Not sure what style this is considered.
0 Likes   December 31, 2012 at 10:58AM
Jayme H.
Egg chair with a bright pillow like the sofa pillow.
0 Likes   December 31, 2012 at 11:22AM
margaritaposada
You can put the dark egg chair instead of the tables, near the lamp, it will be a nice place to read , the tables next to the sofa and a mirror in the wall behind the sofa, You will have a clear and bigger space, Also the courtains and the lamp will be very nice. Good luck !!!!!!!
1 Like   January 23, 2013 at 3:29PM
More Discussions
need some table advice.
I need a dining table for this area in my kitchen....
Please help me pick splash back and paint
I have just got a new kitchen fitted the cabinets are...
Our New Patio.
Hi Everyone! We just purchased this home a few months...
What is your overall opinion of this kitchen?
http://www.houzz.com/photos/19411686/Wood-Mode-Brookhaven-Products-traditional-kitchen-houston...
Home sick in Louisiana
All I see is brown stain - I have many questions re:...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.