Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Bedroom space problems.
Adára Wolfe
December 25, 2012 in Design Dilemma
So upon downsizing, my less than a 1000 sq ft home, is merciless with torturing me with it's lack of size. My bedroom is 7' by 12'. You read that right. A rectangle. It's AWFUL.
Nothing goes with anything. Nothing fits anywhere. Nothing is working!
So the following image was made from paint. Not autoCAD. So don't hate. And I don't know if I need to put SMALLER things in, or just LESS things in. The double doors go into the kitchen. The regular door goes out to a porch. HELP.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
houssaon
Well, I am not a fan of TVs in the bedroom, so the first thing I would get rid of is the entertainment center. The curio (?) cabinet is not funtional either. Do you use the door to the porch? Is the bookcae a full height one or a short one? I would turn the bed around, so you have space on both sides, even if it is only a foot or two. It makes it easier to make the bed. I would put the bookcase on one side of the bed and a small night table for a clock and lamp on the other. I would add a dresser with a mirror. You can raise your bed up and put storage containers under.
December 25, 2012 at 12:45pm     
Adára Wolfe
The curio/ cario cabinet has my collections on it as a display. The bookcase is full height. I did raise the bed up. It has my dressers underneath. And I can't turn the bed around, because it's bolted to the wall. And nothing will fit on either side of it turned. See my dilemma? Ha, nothings working.
December 25, 2012 at 12:58pm   
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
Here is a basic small layout. The bed is a twin one night stand is 24" wide the other is 18". The tall dresser with TV on top is 32" wide. You did not have dimensions of the door openings so I guest. The outside door is at 36" the interior door is 32" the closet is 36" wide. The room is exactly 7' x 12'.
December 25, 2012 at 1:16pm     
Adára Wolfe
So I showed the layout to the person who funds the remodel. And she loves it! But the bed will still have my dressers underneath and the dresser in the layout will be my vanity and chair. So my bed will still have to be raised. How do I bolt the bed to the wall in that layout?
December 25, 2012 at 1:42pm   
PRO
Bed doesn't have to be bolted to wall. Build or buy a "Captains Bed" which is a platform bed with drawers under that the mattress sits on and the head board is attached to it so it can just be pushed against the wall. Glad you like it and those changes you want will work. You can hang a flat screen TV on the wall that way you could still have a mirror above your vanity. Hope all works out for you.
December 25, 2012 at 3:15pm   
Adára Wolfe
We're going to do it! Thanks so much!
December 26, 2012 at 12:17pm     
PRO
I'm glad I could help.
December 26, 2012 at 12:21pm