Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Picture over bed
brini76
December 25, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Is this picture too bed/heavy looking for over the bed?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
judianna20
It is not the right for over your bed or bedroom. You have mixed of a lot of styles. If you love the bed I would begin with that look and rethink the lamps, comforter and Ikea chair.
0 Likes   December 25, 2012 at 6:16PM
TanCalGal
I like the painting over the bed. I also like the silver frame matching the silver lamps. I'd buy one small pillow that repeats one of the colors in the art for the center of the bed.
0 Likes   December 25, 2012 at 6:19PM
preshus
i like the painting
0 Likes   December 25, 2012 at 6:44PM
redturq
I think the painting does not work because it dominates the room. Scale wise, it is just too large, your eyes start bouncing back and forth between the headboard and the painting. It also looks like it is going to fall forward on the bed. If you decide to keep it, I'd tighten how it hangs next to the wall.
0 Likes   December 25, 2012 at 8:02PM
debmgn
Does not work
0 Likes   December 25, 2012 at 8:15PM
houssaon
I think the artwork is too big for over the bed. I think you need more modern looking lamps, also. The one you have are lovely, but too traditional.
0 Likes   December 25, 2012 at 8:18PM
rjhouzz
The picture doesn't look right. You could try painting the back wall a different color. Since its a sleigh bed it is a big too busy in that area for a pic above.
0 Likes   December 25, 2012 at 8:21PM
brini76
I am definitely wanting to revamp entire room (new lighting, bedding, armchair...). I had wanted to start with this art and build from that style. I love the artwork as I was looking for a piece that incorporated organic elements. I ordered this art without seeing it in person and it is MUCH more 3 dimensional and heavier than i had thought. I agree that it feels too overpowering over the bed...Perhaps over the dresser instead? It is securely hung but, yes, for two nights I've told my husband that I'm afraid it'll fall on our head, lol. Any other ideas on how to incorporate this piece would be appreciated...I want to make it work somewhere/somehow in the room. Thanks
0 Likes   December 26, 2012 at 6:50AM
TanCalGal
It might be nice over dresser, or it could be turned the other way for a wall in that room or another room.
0 Likes   December 26, 2012 at 7:25AM
houseofcsh
The painting over the bed is too much the same shape as the headboard. I would possible hang the painting over the dresser or elsewhere in the room. Put some vinyl lettering or a large shape over the headboard. The visual weight of lettering is lighter than a framed print and will add some interest without competing with the headboard. Then I agree with the comment about the lamps. Go with a different lamp shade, try a tuna can shape. Also, you need a few dark colored pillows leaning on the headboard. Pick a patterned fabric, with some greens and add a pop of dark orange or red along with the wall color. You can do this with pillow cases too! Also consider a cover for the Ikea chair that ties it into the style of the pillows. Watch your carpet when you pick the pillow covers so that the pinks ( in the picture that carpet looks like a pinky based beige) in the carpet do not start to look dirty. Blues work well with pink beiges if you like that look.
1 Like   December 26, 2012 at 8:01AM
rjhouzz
I agree with the comment about moving that pic over the dresser. As for something over headboard have you thought about maybe putting maybe those string led lights behind your headboard? It would give your headboard back a light glow that would be nice. It's cheap and nice.
0 Likes   December 26, 2012 at 9:55PM
More Discussions
Kitchen counter help
We are planning on painting the cupboards white, installing...
raybran
Decorating my apartment balconey...seasonally.
I don't have photos, because my balconey is not decorated....
glond
Best Homemade Gift?
As more people try to simplify their holiday giving...
Emily Hurley
Dilemmas without end.
Not exactly a design question, but is there a competition...
flopsycat1
Are gold fixtures coming back in style?.. ..
We have all gold and want to update but hear gold is...
Bev Taylor
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.