Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Interior door styles to go with shaker cabinets
sgulick
December 25, 2012 in Design Dilemma
We are putting shaker style cabinets in our new house. Should we use flat panel doors for our interior doors to match cabinets or can we used raised 2 panel? The raised feel more substantial and sound proof. I also like the 3 and 5 flat panel, but worry they will look really short with regular 6 ft 8 in doors and 9 ft ceilings. Any thoughts.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
PRO
Dytecture
Great suggestions by Deborah. Basically any door styles that have the straight, clean lines would be ideal.

0 Likes   December 26, 2012 at 6:05AM
PRO
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
I like the doors that look just like a giant shaker cabinet door.
1 Like   December 26, 2012 at 6:08AM
sgulick
Thanks for the input everyone....What do you think about the doosr below? We like straight clean lines...kind of transitional with crafstman, rustic and modern combined. We are going with Dark Brown Knotty Alder cabinets and handscraped hardwood floors. What do you think about either of these door choices? I am just leary of the flat panel for noise as we are getting the 1 3/8" doors due to budget.
http://www.alder-doors.com/2-panel-plank-square-top-rail.html http://www.alder-doors.com/craftsman-3-panel-horizontal.html
0 Likes   December 26, 2012 at 8:30AM
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
This is the perfect door style for you needs.
0 Likes   December 26, 2012 at 8:36AM
feeny
While I prefer the styles others have suggested, if the choice is between the two you linked I'd pick the craftsman 3 panel. I think the design of the first one is too busy.
0 Likes   December 26, 2012 at 8:42AM
PRO
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
If your house is not yet framed, I would switch to 8' doors since you have a 9' ceiling. They will give you a much nicer look.
1 Like   December 26, 2012 at 9:18AM
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.