Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Design around grey sectional
Megan Fontenot
December 26, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Are there any suggestions for decorating a living room with tan walls and a grey sectional for a college student?

If there are no suggestions for the full room, I would highly appreciate coffee table ideas.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
apple_pie_order
I suggest checking the same consignment store for a wood table in a distressed or antiqued finish. Coat the top with 2 or 3 coats of clear polyurethane for increased durability. Alternatively, a glass top table could work if you are sure they are not going to sit on it. Or a plastic such as Lucite or plexiglass might work.

This gray sectional might need to be treated with Scotchgard. It may show every spot.
1 Like   December 26, 2012 at 5:57AM
Dar Eckert
Its such a versatile color add your favorite color pillows and throw turquoise, plum, yellow pick one.
0 Likes   December 26, 2012 at 6:14AM
PRO
AJD Interiors
Hello,

First I would make sure it fits- looks like the pieces are very deep ( front to back measurement) and might pose a problem getting through doorways.
It's a clean-lined look, and a nice taupe-ish gray neutral. You could add a rustic ( not ornate ) round or square wood cocktail table with some antiqued silver accessories such as a bowl or tray on top of it. A few large, down-filled accent pillows in a knit- texture would add interest; perhaps in a bright color like pumpkin or turquoise. Whatever accent color you choose, I would try to pick that up also in an area rug. Make sure the rug is at least 5x 8 or larger- maybe 6x9 since the sectional looks pretty substantial.
Also, find out the fabric content and care before you spray any stain- inhibitors on it.
1 Like   December 26, 2012 at 6:28AM
lanton1
if you're keeping the walls tan w/ a grey couch then to make it more modern and young feel, paint a grey wide stripe horizontally across the room to tie in the couch to the walls.
0 Likes   December 26, 2012 at 6:35AM
lanton1
and also add some throw pillows with the tan color on the couch
1 Like   December 26, 2012 at 6:36AM
Megan Fontenot
Thank you all for your comments.

It seems that most agree, a wood coffee table would work best however which color of wood?
The carpet in the room is the same color of the walls, thus I was concerned about using a lighter wood.
0 Likes   December 26, 2012 at 9:39AM
More Discussions
Help with hubbies surprises please!
I have been de-cluttering, rearranging and decorating...
Need Help for Designing Common Wall of Master Bedroom and Bathroom.
Kindly Suggest the Concept for utilising common wall...
I need helping picking a grey
I painted my living room, hall and foyer Benjamin Moore's...
Large wall - What to do?
I have a family room with very tall ceilings and am...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.