Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Design around grey sectional
Megan Fontenot
December 26, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Are there any suggestions for decorating a living room with tan walls and a grey sectional for a college student?

If there are no suggestions for the full room, I would highly appreciate coffee table ideas.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
apple_pie_order
I suggest checking the same consignment store for a wood table in a distressed or antiqued finish. Coat the top with 2 or 3 coats of clear polyurethane for increased durability. Alternatively, a glass top table could work if you are sure they are not going to sit on it. Or a plastic such as Lucite or plexiglass might work.

This gray sectional might need to be treated with Scotchgard. It may show every spot.
December 26, 2012 at 5:57am     
Dar Eckert
Its such a versatile color add your favorite color pillows and throw turquoise, plum, yellow pick one.
December 26, 2012 at 6:14am   
PRO
AJD Interiors
Hello,

First I would make sure it fits- looks like the pieces are very deep ( front to back measurement) and might pose a problem getting through doorways.
It's a clean-lined look, and a nice taupe-ish gray neutral. You could add a rustic ( not ornate ) round or square wood cocktail table with some antiqued silver accessories such as a bowl or tray on top of it. A few large, down-filled accent pillows in a knit- texture would add interest; perhaps in a bright color like pumpkin or turquoise. Whatever accent color you choose, I would try to pick that up also in an area rug. Make sure the rug is at least 5x 8 or larger- maybe 6x9 since the sectional looks pretty substantial.
Also, find out the fabric content and care before you spray any stain- inhibitors on it.
December 26, 2012 at 6:28am     
lanton1
if you're keeping the walls tan w/ a grey couch then to make it more modern and young feel, paint a grey wide stripe horizontally across the room to tie in the couch to the walls.
December 26, 2012 at 6:35am   
lanton1
and also add some throw pillows with the tan color on the couch
December 26, 2012 at 6:36am     
Megan Fontenot
Thank you all for your comments.

It seems that most agree, a wood coffee table would work best however which color of wood?
The carpet in the room is the same color of the walls, thus I was concerned about using a lighter wood.
December 26, 2012 at 9:39am   
More Discussions
front yard design
Hi, I have a small front yard around 34' wide, for...
What do I do with this GAUDY Rococo Bedroom Set? Help
So, very good friends of mine moved to the Yucatan....
Help me before I goof this up a little more!
Hello, I am currently in the midst of a piece-meal...
Help with mirror over fireplace
Just installed a corner gas fireplace that measures...
I need help with lamps
I need help with my brass outdated lamps. I love them....
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.