powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
I'm stuck as to which color to bring in my new bathroom by way of towels.
Greg the PAINT-IT! guy
December 26, 2012 in Before & After
It's been suggested to use vibrant colors (which I do not care for) and the closest one I could handle was this "wine" type color. I don't care for it. Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated. BTW: I did this bathroom myself. How can I be stuck on one infusion of color??
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Judith Taylor Designs
Your palette is a lovely blend of warm and cool neutrals. Stay in that range to keep the look classic. The stone on the wall has lovely tones to choose from. If you don't find any of those please you keep it simple and crisp with white or cream. You don't need to introduce another element here.
0 Likes   December 26, 2012 at 8:28AM
Monica Ellison
Beautiful bathroom. My recommendation is white which always gives the bath a very clean and classic look.
0 Likes   December 26, 2012 at 8:30AM
Greg the PAINT-IT! guy
Your thoughts are more in-line with what I had in mind! Everyone poo-poo'd that idea saying I was too "blah"! Someone who's "judgement" I trust shot me down immediately, so I opted to try the wine. I'm not into white, but the cream interests me. I thought my assembly of elements were pretty much tapped out as well, so thank you for that input! I may turn to pale gold for the towels because of the stone. Thx!!!
0 Likes   December 26, 2012 at 8:35AM
PRO
Paradise Restored Landscaping & Exterior Design
Sounds like you know your mind and art palettes are internal! Yes go with the cream or pale gold - it will keep it rich and elegant!
1 Like   January 4, 2013 at 11:53AM
Greg the PAINT-IT! guy
Thanks for the back-up! Your comment about art palettes being internal intrigues me. Try as I might, I can NOT get past my penchant for creams, browns and golds! Maybe it's not possible!!! That's something to think about. Appreciate the insight!
1 Like   January 4, 2013 at 2:13PM
PRO
Dytecture
I agree not to do anything too bold given what you've done so far is quite elegant. The red accents are nice touch.
1 Like   January 5, 2013 at 7:23AM
Natalie
Hi---well I would add color here---warm brown or a taupe brown. Check colors: SW 6068 Brevity Brown and SW6040 Less Brown for wall color. See how these colors looks next to your floor, counter, and tiled walls. Both look great with topaz... Good Luck!
[houzz=
1 Like   January 5, 2013 at 7:39AM
kobley
Restoration Hardware has some nice golds, browns and taupe.
0 Likes   January 5, 2013 at 3:15PM
cyn222
Love the color pallete!
0 Likes   January 5, 2013 at 11:06PM
Greg the PAINT-IT! guy
Thanks. I tgried to move out of my comfort zone on this one and am second guessing the towel color. I'd have preferred taupe or cream and everyone here at home suggested soemthing with much more punch. I still don't think I agree with them, but for now it'll have to do. They can always be (and at some point WILL be) changed. Right? But I'm glad you liked the work. It was a challenge for a "do-it-yourselfer" but I think I pulled it off reasonably well (not bragging!!!). Wouldn't want to tackle another ight away, that's for sure. Thx!!
1 Like   January 6, 2013 at 4:16AM
lisalovesquilts
Greg might I suggest you buy a couple of face cloths in colours you like and others you might be iffy about and try see them in situ? Much less expensive than buying a towel bale and then regretting it.
0 Likes   January 6, 2013 at 4:36AM
wendyfraser
Use white towels for a beautiful spa like look.
0 Likes   January 6, 2013 at 9:07AM