Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Off center window in master bedroom
chefkaren
December 26, 2012 in Design Dilemma
My master bedroom has a window that sits to the left of the bed, but hangs into my headboard about a foot. We can't relocate the king bed in this small space, so I would love some design solutions to cozy up the area and work with the poorly placed window.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Darzy
I think floor to ceiling, almost wall to wall curtains would cozy up the space and "balance" the window situation. I'd relocate the bookcase and get two end tables and matching lamps to give the illusion of balance as well.

December 26, 2012 at 6:35PM     
PRO
LM Designers
I agree with Darzy especially about the tall bookcase cabinet. If you move that out of the way and move the bed over with small tables on each side of the bed and put plantation shutters on the window with perhaps a chair in front of the window.
December 26, 2012 at 6:40PM     
PRO
EB Interiors
If you dont use the window much, you could consider putting stationary shirred sheers and then a window panel that pulls back to the left
December 26, 2012 at 6:48PM     
chefkaren
I'd love to move the bed over, but what the pictures don't show is that there is a bathroom door to the right of the bookshelf, and If I move the bed then I cut off the entrance to the bathroom. It really is a small room. Great ideas! I really appreciate them. So if I put floor to ceiling curtains and completely mask the window, do you think the lack of light would make the space feel very cavelike?
December 26, 2012 at 8:44PM   
Darzy
No, I don't think it would be cavelike..cozy. : ) If you remove the bookcase and add two table lamps, the lamps will brighten the room. Or, you can do curtains that you can slide over on the window side if you want to bring natural light in.
December 26, 2012 at 8:59PM