Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Tv stand for my living room
augustinao
December 26, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Hi All,

I'm trying to find a tv stand that will hold about 42" flat screen tv. I have included a picture of my living room (still a working progress :)). Here are the options I have come up with so far, but not sure any of them will work. any suggestion will be helpful! Thanks!!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
Where in the room do you plan on putting it? There are a lot of great ones out there.
December 26, 2012 at 8:30PM   
augustinao
directly across from the coffee table. The wall is not showing. FYI, the throws and pillows i'm stilling testing out, will likely change those. I want to be able to coordinate with the coffee table, and side table sofa.
December 26, 2012 at 8:37PM   
SweetDreen
I love the first one.
December 26, 2012 at 8:45PM     
augustinao
thanks. That is the one i'm leaning towards, but would like to see if there are other options.
December 26, 2012 at 8:56PM   
chefkaren
The first one seems more put together....less apt for clutter and cords showing.
December 26, 2012 at 8:56PM   
augustinao
here is the wall where the tv stand will go
December 26, 2012 at 9:44PM   
PRO
RNW Construction
Wall mount the monitor next to the painting on a movable bracket. Then you can find a piece that can house the equipment with the option of hiding the equipment behind cabinet doors. You can use a fabric tube "chase" that will control the wiring from the cabinet to the monitor.
December 26, 2012 at 10:15PM     
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
The first one does look best. I like the idea of mounting it on the wall. If you could move that chair to the other end of the sola then I would get a corner cabinet. This will be better for viewing.
December 27, 2012 at 6:50AM     
Dar Eckert
I vote for the first one. Not a fan of mounting tv on wall. I like to rearrange furniture frequently so hate to be tied to one thing. Here's another tv stand that may work for you.

December 27, 2012 at 7:11AM     
Dar Eckert

like this one.
December 27, 2012 at 7:12AM     
PRO
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
Of those offered, I prefer the first one. HoweverI think that with the modern lines of your sofa and chair, you need something more contemporary, such as the units below.

I very much like your coffee table. It's interesting and eclectic. But adding an end table in the same style totally deminishes the charm of the coffee table. You could use it elsewhere as a night stand.

I'm sure that you know that you need a much bigger rug. Your art is hung too high and I would return the mirror.
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID Hudson Media Console Saga Credenza CB2
December 27, 2012 at 7:23AM     
augustinao
Thanks you all for the comments and suggestions. Greatly appreciate them. This has been helpful
December 27, 2012 at 6:52PM   
PRO
ísARK Studio
Hi Augustina,

I would agree with Carolyn in the direction of the furniture. Your sofa, the throw and pillows are more contemporary and it would be great to see a slight push towards more modern or Mid-Century Modern with the TV stand. Since it does seem you have an eclectic flair I would also encourage you to move in a bolder and simpler direction for your art. I think this would help the space feel more cohesive.

Kind Regards,
Taryn
isARK Studio
December 27, 2012 at 7:10PM     
augustinao
thanks for pointing things out. I like a contemporary and eclectic mix, but feel that is not cohesive yet.
December 27, 2012 at 9:08PM   
PRO
Andrea Prasch
I like the first one also the best. You may even want to look into a console table or buffet would be less big box store and more custom looking. Drill a hole in the back and hide all the boxes etc in the cabinets. http://www.zgallerie.com/p-1708-planters-buffet-large.aspx
December 27, 2012 at 9:41PM     
designideas4me
The last one looks like BDI
They make high quality products
December 27, 2012 at 9:47PM     
designideas4me
I am a big fan of wall mounting. I have 3 tvs all of which are 2-4 inches off the wall and all the cords are hidden in the wall. Its clean and modern and takes up less space.
December 27, 2012 at 9:51PM     
PRO
ísARK Studio
I think you have a great handle on the eclectic and contemporary mix! Don't loose the flair, just don't forget to be bold and confident in the items that you choose because an eclectic/contemporary style can either be defined as "confused" or "bold". I believe you are definitely headed in the right direction.
December 28, 2012 at 7:25AM     
augustinao
Awww thanks IsARk. Appreciate it!
December 28, 2012 at 10:54PM     
Natalie
Hi---agree with Carolyn regarding the media cabinet, side table, and rug. Pics for color inspiration and pattern that I think would work well in your space. Off to a great start. Good Luck! http://www.etsy.com/listing/113239712/coasters-handmade-travertine-with
December 28, 2012 at 11:12PM     
thislittlehouse
Go with the first option for sure - the other two won't work cohesively with your other furniture. I agree wholeheartedly with the other suggestion to lower your artwork and rug - maybe even consider getting larger scale artwork that reflects your aesthetic. I think the furniture you have already is really cool, so trust your instinct and if you love something, or keep thinking about it, go for it!
:) Elise
December 28, 2012 at 11:55PM     
augustinao
i took the advice of everyone and found an alternative tv stand. i would appreciate opinions.
January 24, 2013 at 8:05PM     
PRO
Deborah Vanderzel Designs
It's perfect for your space, the style fits your room
I was looking at your original room pics... and starting thinking....
You may consider using your coffee table in the corner as an end table... find a great lamp for it,
use the square ottoman in front of your sofa, find a tray for the top so it can function as table or footrest as needed. Then move the little end table to the other side of the sofa.
Enjoy your space
Cheers!
January 24, 2013 at 8:34PM     
PRO
Hannah Gould
i think the 3rd best fits with your space but it might be too tall. you have low sofas and you want to sit, looking straight, not up.
January 24, 2013 at 8:38PM     
bygeorgi
Go vintage... a credenza with a mid -century style would look nice.
January 24, 2013 at 8:57PM     
yvonnecmartin
some of those tables look unstable to me. Be sure that the tv is securely mounted even if it is on a stand. Children are killed every year when tvs fall on them--this is more true of older sets, but you don't want a nice new tv ruined either.
January 24, 2013 at 10:06PM   
More Discussions
Please help with master bedroom on a BUDGET!
I posted na week or so ago but think in my post was...
Help! 6' or 7' couch in smaller loft space
Last night we ordered the RH Maxwell leather couch...
How many walls should I paint?
I've started painting a guest room in a quilted fashion...
Entertainment center with fireplace insert
Hi I bought a living room set with rug,lamps and tables...
Need help with this guest room
This room is very small. I had the head board made...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.