Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Paint or sell?
Lory Frank
December 26, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I have 5 original 1930's Arts & Crafts dining chairs. One is a captain armchair. Should I paint them white and upholster green or sell to a collector?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
iceddopio
ouch! sweet original A&C turned green? only if they are in bad shape. Sounds like it would look awesome tho
0 Likes   December 26, 2012 at 10:32PM
minemine
You obviously don't like the chairs as is. They would be a fabulous find for someone who loves the A&C style. Wht not sell them and use the money to buy what you really want.
2 Likes   December 26, 2012 at 10:37PM
PRO
Anish Motwani Associates
hey hello Hw are you

If you love art and have the capacity to preserve it than keep it.
selling is also good when the person whom you are selling is going to preserve it and keep it well

Do what you Love and Love What you DO

regards
1 Like   December 26, 2012 at 11:16PM
Lory Frank
Thank you. I appreciate your honesty. The whole set is in beautiful condition and the table can seat up to 24....It has 13 extensions. Anyone know a collector?
0 Likes   December 26, 2012 at 11:58PM
MAlps
Whats a rough estimate cost for such a piece? I know someone who is really into these things?
0 Likes   December 27, 2012 at 6:39AM
Lory Frank
That's the problem. It is art and whatever it is worth to the customer is fine with me. I know reproductions go for several hundred per chair. The table in itself is a jewel. It breaks down to a simple round and can be extended to a kings table! I really have no idea. I would has to discuss it with the buyer and compromise in a price.
0 Likes   December 27, 2012 at 1:23PM
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.