Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
how about the attached coffee table for this room instead of the trunk
Theresa Pondok
December 27, 2012 in Design Dilemma
maybe reupholstered in a pretty blue fabric?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Elizabeth Miller
I really like it and think it would look great. I even like it in the white, so it brings some more light into the room.
0 Likes   December 27, 2012 at 10:35AM
Dar Eckert
Not my favorite choice.
your furniture you should choose one with traditional legs on the order of the attached photo. However, pick a lighter color than the one shown.
0 Likes   December 27, 2012 at 10:48AM
Theresa Pondok
thank you. kind of trying to mix up the styles a bit. thought a touch of modern may look nice
0 Likes   December 27, 2012 at 10:55AM
PRO
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
The legs are fine. It's the ottoman top that I can't quite bring myself to like. It looks like you have plenty of space to back up both the sofa and the chairs to make way for a bigger table. This one has a nice modern leg with a somewhat rustic top. I wouldn't be surprised but what it might also come in a rectangular size.
0 Likes   December 27, 2012 at 11:28AM
Theresa Pondok
thank you carolyn- so funny because i had briefly asked a decorator to suggest something and she showed me the exact same table. i am worried about 2 things with that one- sharp edges with 2 small children and i feel with the stone around the fireplace it may all look too harsh/drab, no? the room is large- a square would be fine
0 Likes   December 27, 2012 at 11:36AM
PRO
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
That is a coincidence! But not too surprising as It's a cool table, and yes it has square edges. But don't your kitchen cabinets also have square edges and your doorways have square edges, and seesaws have square edges, etc.? Of course you don't want your children to get hurt and I certainly don't want that either. There's always the possibility of a round table. I liked the square one because I thought it went well with the rusticity of your fireplace.
0 Likes   December 27, 2012 at 11:50AM
lulamarie
oversized round, solid color of your choice, no tufts.
South Boston Living Room

i also think a round leather ottoman would complement your room nicely.
Lovely Living Room
1 Like   December 27, 2012 at 11:51AM
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.