powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Contempory house with high ceilings, this picture is the focal point, which color would you use for the accen
sandragrenier07
December 27, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Paint decions
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
decoenthusiaste
Several ways to go for accent. Less extreme would be SW's Stonebriar or Sleepy Blue. For higher contrast try Optimistic Yellow. Take the picture with you to the paint store and start with these colors. Camera, lighting, etc, can make a difference. Take chips outside store's artificial light to decide and move up or down or across chips if necessary to find the perfect one for you. Then get a sample tester can and paint large poster board to hang on the wall and see how your own natural and electric light changes the colors. It is a process.
0 Likes   December 27, 2012 at 4:20PM
PRO
Staged for Perfection
What furniture are you using with the picture?
0 Likes   December 27, 2012 at 4:29PM
PRO
Metro Interiors
Maroon!
0 Likes   December 27, 2012 at 6:58PM
PRO
Andrea Prasch
I really like that deep purple
0 Likes   December 27, 2012 at 8:52PM
yvesun
Sage green or violet!
0 Likes   December 27, 2012 at 9:01PM
PRO
Staged for Perfection
I have never liked the idea of building a room around a picture! Sorry
1 Like   December 27, 2012 at 9:02PM
PRO
Andrea Prasch
I agree with @stagedforperfection Furniture should come first then paint then accessories. I have also made this mistake.
0 Likes   December 27, 2012 at 9:05PM
Manon Floreat
I think it very useful to have a inspiration piece that helps to inform the decor of a room. Many of the most engaging rooms are holistically designed by taking into account all elements of the space. With that said, I'd like to see what else is going on in the room before making any recommendations. Do you have more photos you can post?
1 Like   December 27, 2012 at 9:15PM
PRO
CASTLE Design Studio LLC
Hi S, designing a space is like solving a 3 dimensional puzzle. You may want to start with more puzzle pieces, as suggested above, plus create a title for your puzzle so you're always adding great pieces to the puzzle. Ex: 'Contemporary Nature' which could mean clean lines juxtaposed with natural elements, etc. Enjoy the process and don't hesitate to change things as you go. Best, Diane
0 Likes   December 27, 2012 at 9:28PM
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.