Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need Finishing Help for Master Bath
lynnhaefele
December 27, 2012 in Design Dilemma
We bought our house 6 months ago. We turned a 4th unused bedroom into our master bath. We used the existing cherry cabinetry, which we will keep. The countertops and sinks are going, but not sure what to replace them with. Need ideas on backsplash too. We installed the flooring and shower, painted the walls and replaced all the molding. Also, my husband was going to build a vanity to match the counter and replace the desk/vanity, but I like the desk/vanity. Any ideas on how to incorporate this with the counter sink next to it? Do a backsplash there too? Or build a new vanity? The outlets seem too high also. Should we lower them or make them part of the backsplash? Not sure what to do with this whole area on both sides of the room. Any ideas are greatly appreciated!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Manon Floreat
I'd like to see the vanity match the cabinetry for a cohesive look. Take a look at this photo for an idea of how it can look - notice the backs plash treatment.

When you replace your counters avoid the little built-in back splash. It'll free you up to choose what you want . I'd repeat the mosaic you have in the shower above the counters. The outlets would be better if they were lower.

As for the desk, it looks like a nice piece. Is there another place in your home for it?
December 27, 2012 at 11:01pm   
cramersk
Take a look at wild rice or Shitake from Caesarstone for the countertops. It will tie in with the mosaic that you have in the shower as well as your floor.
December 27, 2012 at 11:44pm   
lynnhaefele
I do like how that vanity looks. The whole section looks nice. I think we'll end up going in that direction.
December 28, 2012 at 3:00pm     
PRO
Renaissance Kitchen and Home
Maybe fully extending the vanity and make up area and add some wall cabinets for storage.
A large mirror will give a great reflective quality and make your space feel bigger.

It worked great for these clients!

Torry Manzo
Renaissance Kitchen and Home
December 28, 2012 at 4:44pm   
PRO
LM Designers
Beautiful job, love the shower tile. I would put the desk elsewhere (it is really nice) and build a frame to put the same counter top on from your current vanity to the wall. It would be as low as your desk. You can buy wood to match what you have. If you can buy a drawer base and undercounter drawer that would be even better. More storage.
December 28, 2012 at 6:41pm   
Manon Floreat
Hi lynnhaefele - I'm glad the photo helped with your decision. You have a classic and nicely done bath. I think the desk would be more suitable for an eclectic style bathroom. I do like the seating near the bath tub in Renaissance's photo. It looks like you might have room for one near your tub.

I know from personal experience how nice it is to sit for a moment after a hot bath!
December 28, 2012 at 7:06pm   
PRO
Gina Sofia Martelli , ASID
The desk/vanity area should simply be a slab of the same material. Avoid extra cabinety to add a more elegant look. the entire wall should be mirrored. you may want to add some wall light sconces to dress it up.
December 28, 2012 at 7:07pm   
More Discussions
Is it possible to get a four piece bathroom in this space?
Hi, at the moment we have a situation where we want...
How would you spend $10,000 in your garden?
If you had a windfall, where would your money go in...
Art in the Bathroom
Do these board reprints will look ok hung above the...
Paint color...please help!
I love this wallpaper and I'm using it on one wall...
Let's play with my Snazzy Garottage project
We're building a carriage house (we prefer the term...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.