Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Pink 1950 bathroom
lindsayfgoodman
December 27, 2012 in Design Dilemma
This is out pink 1950 bathroom. It's on the first floor. I have grown fond of the pink, but want to re-style it. Like this general color scheme. The last owners used a book to wallpaper the walls. We want to change the walls. Any suggestion of what paint, paper, or other material would look good where you see book pages? Other window treatments?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
charleee
How about this silver wallpaper, with metal blinds? [houzz=
]
December 27, 2012 at 2:33PM   
collettec
I think a medium gray paint wall color would work. A flocked gray wallpaper might be another consideration. If keeping the cabinet, I would paint that and perhaps a darker gray as well. For the window, perhaps black or gray wood blinds for privacy, remove the cornice and add a roman shade in a dark gray or black with a subtle pattern.
December 27, 2012 at 2:35PM   
elklaker
I think that a black and white damask paper would be fabulous. Paint the vanity a gloss black for drama. Perhaps remove the blinds and replace with a crisp white Roman shade trimmed out with black grosgrain ribbon along the edges. Those are my very specific thoughts. Love the period look of the pink!
December 27, 2012 at 3:00PM     
Erin
I have worked with this color tile before - I used warm hued beige that was the same value (lightness) as the pink tile. The beige made the walls look less pink because when the warm hue reflected on the pink it neutralized the pink. Then I used dark navy and DARK burnt orange accents to draw the eye away from the pink - When the pink reflected on the navy and the burnt orange it muted the color and made the navy and burnt orange more muted in color. It really did look good - pink tile reflects pink on all of the other colors in the room, so when I choose colors that pink would neutralize, it made the whole room look less pink. Colors like brown and black emphasize the pink... which is ok if that's what you are going for :)
December 27, 2012 at 3:23PM     
claudiann
I like the black and white for a Paris chic look. Pink and chartreuse green is a classic combo also.could you remove the cabinet , put wooden legs from Home Depot store to support the counter and use big baskets for storage underneath? I've seen cute ones at target that have little chalkboards on them to label what is inside.i could envision rolled up towels in your chosen colors.
December 27, 2012 at 3:35PM   
decoenthusiaste
This inspired me when I saw your bathroom. I might suggest SW Terra Brown if you paint the sink base. Here's a beautiful wallpaper too.
Cherry Blossom Orchard, Tree Art Nursery Print, Wonderland by Raceytay
Watercolor Peony Wallpaper
December 27, 2012 at 3:57PM   
houssaon
I like wallpaper in the bathroom. Here are fun patterns: Marblehead Residence and Lakefront Residence. A graphic pattern in gray would look good: Powder room. This is fab, too: Bruce Avenue Residence Lower-Level Powder Room.

I would take the valance off, or hang short curtains (to the sill) the width of the valance with the blinds.

Love the room and I'm glad you are not getting rid of the tile.

One last thing, I think the over head pierced light fixture is not the best one for make-up in the morning! Notice the light fixture in the Matha O'Hara room reflected in the mirror.
December 27, 2012 at 4:13PM   
Harrut
Hi, I'd put mirrors all around the bath area to give a sense of space .
December 28, 2012 at 12:56AM