Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help with idea for renovating master bath
mushman19
December 27, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Bathroom is approx 8x8 measured wall to wall. I'm looking to do a contemporary design that includes a shower and tub. The bathroom serves as the main bathroom to the townhouse as well master bath. It has doors leading into the master bedroom and hallway. Help!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Studio Homes
how deep are you looking to go? are you thinking of gutting the whole room or just swapping out the vanity? are you on a main floor with a wood based floor system or on a concrete slab?
December 27, 2012 at 6:45pm   
PRO
Studio Homes
oh..and whats more important ...shower or tub?
December 27, 2012 at 6:46pm   
PRO
Metro Interiors
This is deffininitly calling for a mahoganu stain with accents of red or orange
December 27, 2012 at 6:47pm   
mushman19
This is not on the concrete slab. Shower is more important to me currently but have been told a tub will be important for children in future or resale of home. I am willing to gut the entire thing while trying to keep my budget around 8k. Whoever installed the original tile sub floor didn't do it correctly because there are some tiles that cracked. The room has good ceiling height as well about 10 ft
December 28, 2012 at 3:20am   
mushman19
Another note: there are no windows and according to my wife we need to stick to something along the lines of a white vanity and light colors due to rest of the appearance of the house on this level.
December 28, 2012 at 3:24am   
mushman19
Decided to just change paint mirror tile and fixtures
January 2, 2013 at 3:44am   
PRO
Susan Jablon Mosaics
Hi mushman19!
For your bathroom, I like the idea of warming all the colors up a little to blend better with your vanity. The color below is Benjamin Moore's Suntan Yellow. The floor tiles are really nice, and I think you should consider keeping them, especially since they're so neutral and will work with just about anything. For the shower/tub area, a glass tile mosaic would create a really high end look. The mosaic below was created in our tile designer, which you can use to create your very own mosaic design. Then I would replace the shower curtain with something more simple, in either a solid color or just a more subtle pattern. I love the idea of a metallic shower curtain in silver, to tie in with the silver hardware. The image below is a white curtain with metallic silver stripes from Bed Bath and Beyond. Then continue with the silver accents by replacing the mirror with one that has a silver frame, or by placing a silver frame around the existing mirror. As for the lighting, I think the key is to not go too contemporary or traditional. Something in between for a casual feel. The fixture below is from Home Depot and I think this or something like this would look beautiful. Just some ideas for you, good luck!
January 2, 2013 at 10:42am     
PRO
January 2, 2013 at 10:54am