Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Custom Entertainment Center
burg25
December 27, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I'm going to start building an entertainment center. I have a design idea that I just scratched down, any other design ideas out there? I was also wondering how any of you would go about building the frame for the center?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
World Contracting LLC
solid door panels, rather than glass with full extension drawers inside.
1 Like   December 27, 2012 at 7:19PM
tawanda6329
I would make the center piece wider (big enough to hold 60 inch LCD TV). Solid doors to hold components out of sight.
0 Likes   December 27, 2012 at 7:30PM
norskhome
For the center section, a plywood box has a high strength to weight ratio. It will be plenty strong once you attach the face frame and back. Just make you can move it in and out of your space. Otherwise, you may want to consider building he top and bottom halves in sections.
0 Likes   December 27, 2012 at 7:45PM
burg25
Thanks for the input, I appreciate it
0 Likes   December 27, 2012 at 7:49PM
PRO
Barnhart Gallery
Your center is more prominent than the sides; I'd reverse that and keep it to the shallowest of your depths, to allow viewing of a flat tv from different angles.
0 Likes   December 27, 2012 at 7:52PM
PRO
Dytecture
Looks like a more straight-forward design. I would be careful about having glass door for the base cabinetry especially if you have small children.

0 Likes   December 27, 2012 at 7:56PM
punkey90
I just finished my entertainment center which I built myself from plywood. Thought you might like to see another approach that might work. The canopy has 3 recessed lights and contains an 84" motorized projection screen. The lower cabinet holds all the audio equipment, including front loaded Klipsch speakers. The only thing I might do different would be to build around a larger projection screen, but I already had the 84" and had to fit it between 2 recessed lights already installed in the ceiling.
0 Likes   December 27, 2012 at 8:39PM
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.