powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Help please???? What would be the best colour lounge suite for my situation?
Christine Robertson
December 27, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I am about to purchase a new modular lounge suite and want to match my existing furniture. I have two black leather arm chairs. The room is quite large and has a bank of windows at the front which let the view outside in. The view is lovely- water and trees. I want to complement the outside view and not distract from it. I have included a photo of the room before we painted with the old furniture plus photos of the proposed new seating, and the blue colour ( although it actually is lighter).

My short list of choices are
1. A charcoal grey and then dress it with blue and white cushions ( to link to the lovely sky outside)
2 A colour called atoll which is a blue/teal colour. Then link the black with the blue by cushions and throws.
The floors are cork and the walls are all white. I have lots of wooden blinds covereing the windows.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Manon Floreat
I love the blue color but would be worried that I'd tire of it after a few years. The charcoal will be more forgiving if you change your accent colors in the future. An area rug is another way to incorporate color into the room.
1 Like   December 27, 2012 at 8:45PM
PRO
Staged for Perfection
I would choose the charcoal and brighten it up with cushions that have blue and other colours in it.
1 Like   December 27, 2012 at 9:08PM
PRO
Andrea Prasch
Always use your bold colors as accents that way they are easy to replace when your tastes and the times change. Furniture especially should be neutral. Love the deep grey color.
1 Like   December 27, 2012 at 9:14PM
Christine Robertson
I am thinking charcoal is the way to go but is there any other suitable colour?
0 Likes   December 27, 2012 at 10:27PM
Manon Floreat
A light camel would support the light and airy view you have and work with the arm chairs and floors. This is the color family I would chose for this space. As with the charcoal, it will work with a variety of accent colors.
1 Like   December 27, 2012 at 10:36PM
Christine Robertson
I like this a lot but I don't think it would be practical with a family.
0 Likes   December 28, 2012 at 12:48AM
PRO
Andrea Prasch
I have a one year old and two dogs check out my living room its beige! I think a charcoal grey is perfect!
1 Like   December 28, 2012 at 1:03AM
Christine Robertson
Thankyou, some great ideas!
0 Likes   December 28, 2012 at 1:16AM
More Discussions
What kind of sofa should I pair with this one?
I have this limited edition distressed leather chesterfield...
Packing hallmarked silver for a long move
Any best practices and/or advice for packing and protecting...
What is your overall opinion of this kitchen?
http://www.houzz.com/photos/19411686/Wood-Mode-Brookhaven-Products-traditional-kitchen-houston...
Living Room Dilemma...Do I, Don't I add Drink Bar?
Hi Everyone, I figure you can answer a few quick questions....
New Roof and Exterior color help.
I am int he process of closing on a new House in the...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.