Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Fabric
Kristi Dodson_Skinkis
December 28, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I have been looking for the "right" fabric for curtains for a very long time. Recently, I was reading a magazine and found pillows in the colors and pattern I want. I have searched the internet for more hours than I will admit to find fabric in this pattern. I can't find anything even similar. Any ideas?
Here is a pic of the pillow:
http://www.johnrobshaw.com/detail.htm?Pillows=Parun_¶ms=4,1,1,Afghan
http://www.johnrobshaw.com/magnify_pictures/13r/AFGHAN_Parun.jpg
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Kristi Dodson_Skinkis
Maybe not John Rob Shaw exactly.. Although, I love the designs! I am looking for fabric with a white\ off-white background, navy/ dark blue and light blue pattern. Blues seem hard to find. I started out with dark blue and teal and it isn't right.
December 30, 2012 at 8:41pm   
olldroo
Wow, $250 for a cushion - NO WAY!!!! Kristi, I hate to burst your bubble but don't hold your breath looking. I thought the US may have been different to here, I searched for over 6 months earlier this year for a plain, ordinary, everyday sky blue for a lounge, not a hard colour you would think - does not exist!!! Blues are very out. I had to compromise but had a clean slate and was able to come up with a satisfactory option.

The good news is, according to Houzz

blue is going to be HUGE in 2013. Hope you can wait a bit longer.
December 30, 2012 at 9:13pm   
PRO
Cheery Curtains
Hi Kristi, I will attach some fabric photos that you may like. For more fabrics, welcome to my Houzz page!
December 31, 2012 at 1:24am   
hollybar
You could check out spoonflower.com for something similar or to design exactly what you envision.
December 31, 2012 at 3:37am   
feeny
I know these aren't the same as what you are looking for, but here are some fabrics in blues and creams from the Houzz products section that might produce a similar effect:
SNS Meridian Fabric
Tiraz Cotton Ikat Fabric
DwellStudio Suzani Fabric, Azure
Suburban Rasul Ikat Fabric, Blue
December 31, 2012 at 5:05am   
PRO
Cynthia Taylor-Luce
While I like the cushion cover fabric, I am guessing it would not be drapey enough for curtains to hang nicely. Feeny's shown you some very nice alternatives.

It's very hard to source fabrics if you're not a design professional because the best companies don't sell directly to the public. My resource centre has thousands of fabric books (it's the largest in North America) and I'm quite spoiled, I know, because I can source just about anything. Sky blue? Hundreds of books of possibilities. If you are quite stumped as to how to source your ideal fabric, I recommend working with a design pro who has access to Trade Only fabrics.
December 31, 2012 at 5:27am     
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.