Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Fabric
Kristi Dodson_Skinkis
December 28, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I have been looking for the "right" fabric for curtains for a very long time. Recently, I was reading a magazine and found pillows in the colors and pattern I want. I have searched the internet for more hours than I will admit to find fabric in this pattern. I can't find anything even similar. Any ideas?
Here is a pic of the pillow:
http://www.johnrobshaw.com/detail.htm?Pillows=Parun_¶ms=4,1,1,Afghan
http://www.johnrobshaw.com/magnify_pictures/13r/AFGHAN_Parun.jpg
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Kristi Dodson_Skinkis
Maybe not John Rob Shaw exactly.. Although, I love the designs! I am looking for fabric with a white\ off-white background, navy/ dark blue and light blue pattern. Blues seem hard to find. I started out with dark blue and teal and it isn't right.
0 Likes   December 30, 2012 at 8:41PM
olldroo
Wow, $250 for a cushion - NO WAY!!!! Kristi, I hate to burst your bubble but don't hold your breath looking. I thought the US may have been different to here, I searched for over 6 months earlier this year for a plain, ordinary, everyday sky blue for a lounge, not a hard colour you would think - does not exist!!! Blues are very out. I had to compromise but had a clean slate and was able to come up with a satisfactory option.

The good news is, according to Houzz

blue is going to be HUGE in 2013. Hope you can wait a bit longer.
0 Likes   December 30, 2012 at 9:13PM
PRO
Cheery Curtains
Hi Kristi, I will attach some fabric photos that you may like. For more fabrics, welcome to my Houzz page!
0 Likes   December 31, 2012 at 1:24AM
hollybar
You could check out spoonflower.com for something similar or to design exactly what you envision.
0 Likes   December 31, 2012 at 3:37AM
feeny
I know these aren't the same as what you are looking for, but here are some fabrics in blues and creams from the Houzz products section that might produce a similar effect:
SNS Meridian Fabric
Tiraz Cotton Ikat Fabric
DwellStudio Suzani Fabric, Azure
Suburban Rasul Ikat Fabric, Blue
0 Likes   December 31, 2012 at 5:05AM
PRO
Cynthia Taylor-Luce
While I like the cushion cover fabric, I am guessing it would not be drapey enough for curtains to hang nicely. Feeny's shown you some very nice alternatives.

It's very hard to source fabrics if you're not a design professional because the best companies don't sell directly to the public. My resource centre has thousands of fabric books (it's the largest in North America) and I'm quite spoiled, I know, because I can source just about anything. Sky blue? Hundreds of books of possibilities. If you are quite stumped as to how to source your ideal fabric, I recommend working with a design pro who has access to Trade Only fabrics.
1 Like   December 31, 2012 at 5:27AM
More Discussions
Window treatments for my kitchen
I have absolutely no artistic ability however I managed...
Outside window garden.
When I sit at my computer desk I look out to the backyard....
Our New Patio.
Hi Everyone! We just purchased this home a few months...
What is your overall opinion of this kitchen?
http://www.houzz.com/photos/19411686/Wood-Mode-Brookhaven-Products-traditional-kitchen-houston...
Need Advice on Family room redesign
I need help to redesign my family room to be more modern...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.