Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Foyer lighting choice
Janet Carmichael
December 28, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Would love some suggestions for some lighting here. This brass nasty has to go! I get overwhelmed when I look at options unsure of how tall the item should be. I'm not a big fan of candelabra type lighting so I want to go with something interesting but not crazy! The outside of the house is very traditional. I'm in the process of changing the inside less traditional by having it a bit more cozy with an edge...if that makes sense. Thanks in advance to this great community!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Janet Carmichael
I think I posted the same picture twice. Here's an alternative view.
December 28, 2012 at 5:18AM   
PRO
Frank Webb's Bath and Lighting Center
The size of the fixture is perfect for the space but I agree it is out of style and difficult to clean I imagine, if you don't like the candelabra type chandeliers there are still plenty of options, I wouldn't go super contemporary but maybe something like these.
December 28, 2012 at 5:33AM     
PRO
Dytecture
Maybe it's just the photos but the foyer looks a bit dark even with the lights on. Here is one example with a bit more sparkle and elegance.

December 28, 2012 at 6:34AM   
Janet Carmichael
Frank, I liked the first one on the left. I went to your website to search some more but I couldn't get photos - are they not available? Is it my browser perhaps? Also, what would be the very best way to search your site?

Dytecture, thank you for the suggestion but I think it has too much elegance for where I'm trying to head. My house was very formal, aka not really comfortable and I'm moving away from that. I know that elegance can be comfy, don't get me wrong.
December 28, 2012 at 4:29PM   
PRO
Frank Webb's Bath and Lighting Center
The light on the left is model # AC3006 and is made by Artcraft lighting, I am not sure if it is on our website, www.frankwebb.com, we are in the process of updating it but we stock it here in our Waterbury, Ct showroom and I can ship anywhere!
December 29, 2012 at 5:10AM   
More Discussions
I am renovating an old farmhouse and need help with colors.
I am replacing existing cupboards with white shaker...
Convert credenza to bath vanity
I've never done this before but am thinking if converting...
Kitchen ideas needed
Looking for ideas to update this kitchen , floors are...
help for tiny family rm.
two sliders lead to screened porch....opposite is a...
Let's play with my Snazzy Garottage project
We're building a carriage house (we prefer the term...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.