Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
New house
Joy Swinburne
December 28, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I have no vision on where to put tv sofa and dining table and chairs. The size of room 17'7" max 16'0 max buying all new. And help with color. Would help .this is going to be holiday let. And dog friendly .
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
decoenthusiaste
How many will the holiday rental sleep? That will influence furnishings and configuration.
0 Likes   December 28, 2012 at 10:02AM
PRO
Interiors 4 U
TV on the wall that backs up to the kitchen. The wall I am looking at on the right side of the pic, can hold the dining set. Look for one that will fit in that area. How many people do you need to seat for dinner?
Can't see the whole kitchen in the pic. Is there room for a small bench and table in a corner for a simple dinner?
0 Likes   December 28, 2012 at 10:06AM
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
Sectional in corner by window. Float a club chair by closet door. Use square ottoman as coffee table. A round 4 top by window on kitchen wall. Keep colors in neutrals. If by water do the place in white and denim blue
0 Likes   December 28, 2012 at 10:08AM
PRO
Dytecture
Here is another option similar to previous comments.
0 Likes   December 28, 2012 at 10:13AM
PRO
Barbara Griffith Designs
Can you remove the partial walls and doors around stairs and to kitchen. One large space with open stairs will look so much larger. Regardless, dining table along right side wall with fabric parson chairs that can be pulled to living area. Center armoire w/tv on wall that backs to kitchen this also provides more storage. Flank, armoire with 2 chairs angled to the room. Sectional sofa on left wall that angles out in front of door. One section could be a sleeper to offer more sleeping accommodations Small chest w/large mirror over it immediate left of front door to create foyer area. Always choose fabrics (sofa/chairs) before you choose a paint color and always paint the ceiling. There are a million paint colors and only a few fabrics you will like. Good luck.
0 Likes   December 29, 2012 at 11:23AM
Joy Swinburne
Thank you. Never of thought of that .sound good .have a great new year love joy
0 Likes   December 29, 2012 at 1:27PM
PRO
Peggy Berk - Area Aesthetics Interior Design
I think the wall backing to the kitchen is the right place for dining, but I would do a rectangular table instead of a round - it looks like you have enough space there to keep the dining area form impinging on the living room rectangle.... I would consider upholstered banquette style seating against the wall (saving you the space needed for chair pull back) and either chairs or a loaf ottoman on casters, which could be rolled into the living room for extra seating for the other side of the table. I'd love to see you use the whole of the larger rectangular space to set up your living room rather than shove all the funiture into one corner
0 Likes   December 29, 2012 at 1:39PM