Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Dining room paint color
1sreynolds
December 28, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Any advice on finding a paint color that would go with our "Mango Wood" Table. Its a orangey brown. We are putting this in our new dining room and need a paint color that looks nice. The rest of the house will be a warm tan.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Manon Floreat
I would look into some of the greyed down sages. Here a couple by BM to consider:

Dry Sage
Louisburg Green
December 28, 2012 at 11:07PM   
Peg Silverwood
Do the other walls in the home flow into this room? the wood is very rich in this room. I would go with a lighter shade of the color you currently have in the home and accessorize with black and white and pops of a bright color of choice. I like the color simply white in Benjamin Moore paint. My favorite paint to buy! It is not stark white, but almost a vanilla ice cream color. Would be beautiful with your wood.
December 28, 2012 at 11:28PM   
thislittlehouse
There really is a LOT of timber, isn't there! I think they are perhaps competing with each other too much. I think simply painting the walls won't actually make an enormous difference in this room, unless you tackle the volume of timber as well. Would you consider painting the trim as well as the walls?
:) Elise
December 29, 2012 at 12:00AM   
Jayme H.
I love the wood!! I do believe lighter walls would be better to contrast the rich wood. There are a lot of possibilities...
December 29, 2012 at 12:44AM     
charleee
I think the paint color you have now is fine, but you could use a larger rug and something with a bit of pattern: [houzz=
]
December 29, 2012 at 1:59AM   
apennameandthata
The current colour looks good. What's wrong with what you have now. What problem are you trying to solve? If you are bored, paint the walls the half strength Submit Button green.
December 29, 2012 at 4:29AM   
janishill
Personally I don't think grayed green will work, as it has cool undertones, while the wood has warm undertones.

Depending on how deep a color you would like to have you might like:
1) http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/viennagreen
2) http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/shadesofspring
3)http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/folkart

Purchase sample pots, paint foam core or cardboard, then look att eh various colors in differing light. You will be able to eliminate them and find the color you like best.

Hope to see updates when you are finished!
December 29, 2012 at 5:06AM   
1sreynolds
Im sorry, I need to clarify this table is going into our NEW dining room (in our new house) this was our old house...where it was right in the kitchen. We now have an actual dining room, and a round table will be in the kitchen area. The dining room is to entryway by arched openings... so the color still has to "coordinate" with the rest of house, but I was looking for a different color to make the dining room special.
December 29, 2012 at 2:54PM   
MAlps
How about BM agave or rocky road?
December 29, 2012 at 2:57PM   
robinkcp
I did a willowood green in a bath with similar tones and feel, got rave revues.
It's a light green with golden highlights at Lowes. really complements the orange tones i have in the wood and tile.
December 29, 2012 at 3:00PM   
More Discussions
NOTE!!
Could you do something about that banner that covers...
Need help with wall color to go with my travertine floor
I'm renovating my master bath and having hard time...
grout color for subway tile
We're renovating a home from 1910. The floors are salvaged...
Drape-gate
Due to a Houzz issue and amount of comments on the...
help with ideas to brighten up this room
I want to brighten hill my living room but can't paint...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.